anybody else love the model 60?

Discussion in 'Marlin' started by md_beatt, Apr 20, 2004.

1. md_beatt

md_beatt Active Member

I have always loved this .22. nice inexpensive rifle, accurate as heck.
    Mike.

2. gwp4ever

gwp4ever Super Member

I bought one about 6 months ago and love it. Mine has a heavy barrel on it. Inexpensive and accurate. I like it a lot more than my 10/22.

3. chips

chips Well-Known Member

mine broke on day at the range, and i opened it up to find that much of the internal parts were made of cheap plastic. needless to say, i didnt even bother trying to get it fixed. i got it for free, so i wasnt going to bother with it.

i now have a remington 597, and im much more happy with it

4. Rogmatt

Rogmatt Well-Known Member

My son cleaned re-blued his papa's Glenfield-Marlin 60 the other day. Whats is with the internal plastic parts. The gun shoots good but no wonder it's inexpensive. This gun was made in the early 60s.

5. dwh79

dwh79 New Member

My step father loves his model 60 and is always bragging about how accurate it is after years of service and thousands upon thousands of rounds.

6. clayshooter25/25

clayshooter25/25 Well-Known Member

I have a model 60 that will give one hole five shot groups at 50 yards off of a homemade rest.

7. harold50

harold50 Active Member

Had one as a young man.

The rifle was everything a .22 should be. I have a brother who won't part with his. The Model 60 is a great shooter.

I bet the new clip-fed Model 717 in .17Mach2 is "H*** on wheels"!

Best Wishes,

Harold

8. vashooter

vashooter Well-Known Member

Re: re: anybody else love the model 60?

Plastic parts inside? I have a Model 60 and there isn't one part made out of plastic (other than the tip on the magazine tube that pushes rounds up). The model 60 is a GREAT 22. Mine is very accurate- the most accurate 22 I own. It shoots everything fine except for Remington Golden Bulltets- the gold gunk they coat the bullets with melts and gums up the works.
    Mine is a black/grey laminated stock with stainless 22" barrel on it. I love it.

9. RobRocket

RobRocket Member

Yep, fun and inexpensive to shoot, have one in blue and one in stainless (my sons). Accurate and alot of fun to shoot. Both with scopes.

Gonna take out some crows with them in the fall!

10. jcwat

jcwat Super Member

has anyone installed peepsights? can this be done? my 11yr old girl is going to use my model 60 to shoot 4-H .22 .
    she already shoots on the BB team. the sights on the BB gun are peepsights. i just want to stay with the same sight picture. any and all info welcomed.

11. kodiakemt

kodiakemt Member

I've had mine for..... my god, 20 years! The wife shoots it more then I do, but if I throw a big enough fit, she will hand it over.

12. buckweet

buckweet Member

Re: re: anybody else love the model 60?

are you shure you had a model 60 ? all of my old marlins have NO plastic inside.

i own 4 of em !! they all shoot fantastic !! very well made .22's.
    i love the model 60 !!! :D

weet

13. hoghunting

hoghunting Super Member

14. jcwat

jcwat Super Member

thanks for the info. i'll get that ordered asap.

15. Bobshouse

Bobshouse Active Member

I've had a Marlin model 60 since I was a teenager, Im 51 now. My cousin had a Ruger 10/22.....never could outshoot me..even to this day...wouldnt trade my Marlin 60 for anything!