Anybody Ever Seen a Vent Rib On a Levergun?

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by BunnyHunter, Oct 9, 2004.

1. BunnyHunter

BunnyHunter Member

I'm wondering how they handled the barrel bands. I thought there was an Alaskan company that was making takedown Marlins that had ribs but can't find it.

I'm over from shotgunworld, and yeah, its for a Win 9410... but cut me some slack. Ohio isn't exactly levergun friendly when it comes to hunting.

Thanks,
    BH

2. Levergun

Levergun Super Member

Can you legally hunt deer with a 410? What shot would you use?

I was seriously thinking of getting one of those 9410's. I would love to see the look on some faces when I show up to hunt dove with it! :eek: Besides, it would go good with my levergun collection :wink:

3. BunnyHunter

BunnyHunter Member

It is legal in Ohio and some other states to use a .410 on deer with slugs. They are effective far beyond what paper ballistics would lead you to believe. That said, I use a 20 gauge. If I find an accurate slug say between 130 and 150 grains- I'll be out there with my .410. This year, if I can get a doe tag for the area I want to hunt, I'll be in PA with a '50's Model 94 in .30-30.

I really like my 9410. Its the gun I carry most. BTW, I havent found the 2 1/2" only chamber to be a limitation.

BH

4. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

BH & Levergun

Ya'll just keep on shooting those 9410"s! I watched a guy shoot 2 straights at a Skeet field outside of atlanta recently. I was impressed! Some times it's hard enough doing it with a standardly configured gun. I'd buy one myself but I don't reload 410's and couldn't afford to buy them regularly. Might be a real hoot to pop rabbits at a full run with one though. I'm gonna try that this year with my Grandaddy's old 410 single barrel.

5. Levergun

Levergun Super Member

Yeah, they sound like alot of fun to me. I'd like to get one for quail and rabbits and squirrels and such. That would be cool!

6. Clayslayer

Clayslayer Well-Known Member

I'd love to get one of those 9410s! What a sweet little gun. Right now the only "idiot stick" I have is an old single shot H&R. I love the gun dearly but wish I had a .410 that I could shoot doubles at skeet with.