Built a new toy - finally going to shoot it

Discussion in 'Small Bore' started by double down, May 7, 2004.

1. double down

double down Member

Last July I bought a new Ruger 10/22 carbine for the receiver assembly and then added an aftermarket stock and barrel. I was in such a hurry to get it together that I ordered the parts second day air.

Well now it's been 10 months and I just cleaned it up and assembled the new stock and barrel. Hopefully tomorrow I'll start the break in of the barrel.

I went with a 18" Green Mountain fluted barrel in .920" contour and the Hogue overmolded stock. This Hogue stock will be replaced very soon, I don't care for the flex feeling.

I have a few different red dot sights I'll try and see which I like the best but it should make for a good plinker.

2. IRISH9

IRISH9 Well-Known Member

Sound's good, can you put up a photo so we can all have a look ?.

3. double down

double down Member

Here's a picture, nothing fancy but I'm sure it will be fun.

[​IMG]

4. chips

chips Well-Known Member

looks good! have fun plinkin'

5. clayshooter25/25

clayshooter25/25 Well-Known Member

Nice gun! :)

6. Rogmatt

Rogmatt Well-Known Member

Very Nice, congrats

7. double down

double down Member

I still haven't been able to go shoot it yet. :evil:

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey, you cant go wrong witha bipod, throw one on their for varmint hunting, and they look cool 8)

9. JJB

JJB New Member

you're gonna want a volquartsen target hammer soon and for a nice stock i'd suggest a laminated tumbhole they feel so nice and point so well.......... next you'll need a buffer to get rid of the clacking noise as it cycles...... next i highly recomend sending your bolt to CPC to get it reworked.......

have fun!!