Can I brag on my Savage 270?

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by capt9992002, Nov 10, 2004.

1. capt9992002

capt9992002 Active Member

Well, deer season (gun) starts here Saturday, so I went out to the new rifle range yesterday afternoon to verify my newest addition was on target. I bought a Savage 110 .270 with a "cheap" 3-9 x 32 scope from a guy here at work who need the $185 badly. The gun is in great shape other than a few minor "dings" in the stock from use. I shot it a couple months ago and got it on center with a few shots.

I drove up to the range yesterday and a few other guys were there sighting in their guns. I set up a target at 100 yards, set my gun in the vise, and heard one of the guys spotting for a couple of guys to my left telling them where they were placing their shots. I touched off the .270 Winchester Super X 130 gr Silver Tip. The spotting guy said, "I think I'd put that one back in the case......" I turned and looked at him and he was looking right at me grinning. Through the scope, I could see the Shoot-N-C had a hole dead center of the 10 ring.

Think I'm ready for Saturday......
  2. Papadoodles

Papadoodles Super Member

Capt - it is your gun and you can brag all you want!

Now, for that deer.................

3. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

Brag away but you're preaching to the choir here. My battery of Savages have shown they can do their job, come Monday I'll see if I can do mine.