Deer season

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 8pointduck, Aug 17, 2004.

1. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

It's right around the corner and my bow is ready to go! In October its time to bring the big guns out :D

2. shootingworld

shootingworld Owner/Admin Staff Member

Had a little 4-point walk across my yard...kinda put me in the mood too.
    Jay Gentry

3. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

It sneeks up on ya,I need to mount a scope and hurry to get ready,sight in and buy all the accessorys needed.Drop-Shot

4. claycrusher

claycrusher Well-Known Member

I just got some more stuff for my bow yesterday. Now it is off to the range to practice for the Oct 1st opener!

Jonathan

5. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

The other day I had a fawn run behind me in my side yard to across the street :shock: .....thats a sign

6. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

Got the hunting lodge set up at the deer camp I'm ready to go 8)

7. clayshooter25/25

clayshooter25/25 Well-Known Member

Deer? Heck I see moose and whole flocks of turkeys on my front lawn :shock: . I live on the outskirts of a big city too.

8. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Go get em 8point!Drop-Shot

9. gwp4ever

gwp4ever Super Member

Hey Clayshooter, what kind of deer do you have up there? Whitetails?

10. claycrusher

claycrusher Well-Known Member

Yep, whitetails. Not much other big game, but lots of whitetails! Now for one to walk by me in range of my bow....

Jonathan

11. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

Clay there aint nuthin wrong with that :)

12. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

DP, I read somewhere on here you were going to the hospital ?>

13. markIVbigblock

markIVbigblock Super Member

clay we have a few other big game we have some black bear and elk u hafta enter a drawing for an elk tag and im not sure about the blackies anymore but u hafta enter a drawing at alot of other places too

Aaron

14. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

Indeed the season is fast approaching and once the bugs taper down, some scouting is in order. Here's to safe hunting to all posters.

15. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

16. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Yea 8point something broke when I went through there tests and the doctors say they are going to try spinal injections and if they don't work(never have worked for more than 2 weeks)surgery is only alternative.I may be just wash up.But look on the bright side,I'll be here to bother you and a few more,so stay safe,tell your son to persue a profession that don't kill the back and tell the wife hello.It all starts on the 17th of this month.Luv2 already scored and I enjoyed the details as if I was there.My Millett scope came in but they sent the wrong mounts,I wanted a 1 piece mount and they sent a 2 piece alumineum set,I called Millet and they sain the rings that come with the gun need a different base and it was at no charge.I hope it works out,I'll site it in next year and let you know the results.Drop-Shot

17. clayshooter25/25

clayshooter25/25 Well-Known Member

Re: re: Deer season

Yep, Whitetails.