DPMS 308

Discussion in 'Military Style' started by Anonymous, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody here every have experience with one of the Panther long range .308s

I find the price is nice compared to other 308 ars and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with them

for example what kind of accuracy and reliability do you get with them

Any and all help is appreciated

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have shot one but I do not own one. I do own a DPMS AR15, actually I have 2 DPMS Lowers and 4 different configs of uppers. You may pay a little more for the DPMS parts and pieces but they have great quality it appears to me. There is also a store 5 blocks from my office and they have just about everything in the catalog in stock and they are really nice people to do business with.

I thought that the Bushmaster 308 was quite a bit cheaper than the DPMS and Bushy quality and customer service is 2nd to none.

3. beeker77

beeker77 Member

My DPMS LR-308, with ancient Weaver K10 scope, original trigger, less than 100 rounds through it so far:
    [​IMG]

Shooting handloaded ammo (SMK HPBT), 300 yards, from sandbag rest. First round was way out at 2 o'clock. The coin is a quarter:
    [​IMG]

4. j870sm

j870sm Well-Known Member

I have one and I can't find a thing wrong with it. It has functioned flawlessly and shoots really good groups. I have a Tactical scope on mine that is cal'd for 308. Your groups are great looking.

I have DPMS and Bushy Varminter and both are great shooters. Both of these are 223 of course.

I have not had to deal with DPMS or Bushmaster Customer Service because I have not had any problems with either. I like you have a DPMS store right near my work. They have a lot of stock as well as piece parts. Bushy's are everywhere now though.

What is the new president going to do with the black rifle once he gets in? I fear the worst.