Free software application to print targets ? Where ?

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by hippie, Jun 26, 2004.

1. hippie

hippie New Member

Where does one get a bit of software to make targets and print ?, I see heaps of targets on the internet but they are not practical enough. Paint programs I have tryed to draw perfect circles but find I can never center the rings perfectly, Does anyone know of a free application for download that can make custom targets ?

Cheers
    Leyton

2. markIVbigblock

markIVbigblock Super Member

I use AutoCad R14 to make all my targets its pretty expensive but im sure u can find it free on kazaa somewhere. just a thought

Aaron

3. hippie

hippie New Member

Hehe thanks :p, I know a source

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remington has some targets in pdf form you can download from their website. I have used them and found them fine for my purposes.

You can make your targets using your computer with a little bit of work, just use the center circles or center objects to make the circles or objects perfectly concentric. Most dedicated drawing software programs have this option though the applets that are included with your particular system may not perform this function. AutoCAD and other CAD programs work really well but some of the presentation and graphics products can do a credible job, often for less cost.

5. rpm

rpm Member

Go to www.varmital.com he has links to dozens of different targets to print.

6. Papadoodles

Papadoodles Super Member

Re: re: Free software application to print targets ? Where ?

rpm, it took me to a place advertising web sites!

It should be www.varmintal.com

7. rpm

rpm Member

Sorry,didn't proof read before I posted,anyway,I hope you found something useful when you got to the site.
    Rich

8. shootingworld

shootingworld Owner/Admin Staff Member

9. CartridgeGuy

CartridgeGuy Active Member

My plan is to create various targets with the Shootingworld.com logo and use Adobe to turn them into PDF files so they can be printed on anyone's computer.

I have many done in AutoCAD r2002 already, I just need to teach myself how to write PDF's.

Stay tuned......

10. CartridgeGuy

CartridgeGuy Active Member

My plan is to create various targets with the Shootingworld.com logo and use Adobe to turn them into PDF files so they can be printed on anyone's computer.

I have many done in AutoCAD r2002 already, I just need to teach myself how to write PDF's.

Stay tuned......

11. BlackIce

BlackIce Member

I take wildlife photographs and insert them into PowerPoint and print 48x36 size targets... Or just use somee kind of graphic program!!!!!

12. shootingworld

shootingworld Owner/Admin Staff Member

i LIKE that plan Mike!
    Jay G