Hi cap 10/2 Magazine return?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CLAY, Oct 1, 2004.

1. CLAY

CLAY New Member

So- with the lapse of the Assault Weapon ban, how long do you think it will take manuifacturers to begin producing 25 and 30 shot clips for the 10/22 again?

Now they cost you around 80 bucks to buy- I'd imagine the price will begin to fall, huh?

2. mapanggulo

mapanggulo Well-Known Member

I hope they will, I need to pick some of them up. Of course I need to make some modifications to my 10/22 also, but am lacking funds right now :(

3. B540Glenn

B540Glenn Active Member

They're back and they're reasonably priced.
    I just saw an ad for the 25 round ramlines for $19.
    At Natchez

4. NC RIDER13

NC RIDER13 Member

I Have a 50rd. ramline *new* if your interested.

5. Logjam

Logjam Super Member

In my experience high cap magazines don't work very well. Sure some can, I guess; but only straight magazines. My .22 high cap magazines tend to jam pretty regularily.

I don't think that hi cap magazines are necessary. Five rounds in your Model 70 are enough. Seven in you 1911 are just fine (one up the spout). If you need more than seven rounds you shouldn't be there in the first place.

Some folks like to burn up ammo; that's fine with me, but is it necessary?

Reliability is more important than is capacity. Always.

6. Clayslayer

Clayslayer Well-Known Member

Dad's got two thirty rounders and one twenty rounder for his old 10/22 and they all function flawlessly. More often than not there's a long thirty rounder stuffed in the magazine well of that little gun. I can't even think of a time it ever malfunctioned due to the magazine.

7. Logjam

Logjam Super Member

Huh, that's not been my experience. Sounds like you dad's got a nice magazine. Ever try to hang one of those little cranks on the trigger guard so that you can really shoot rapid fire?

I never have, but they look like fun; kinda. Probably can't hit anything.

8. Clayslayer

Clayslayer Well-Known Member

Nah, the full-auto or rapid fire options never really appealed to me. I can squeeze the trigger fast enough for my needs.

9. Maser

Maser Super Member

hey guys check out cabelas.com cuz they got a great price on 50 round ramline mags n also the folding stock is alot cheaper now

LOL thank God for our republican president :wink: