I joined!!!

Discussion in 'Big Game' started by 8pointduck, Jun 8, 2004.

1. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

A new hunting club last Saturday! 1350 acres of prime deer land 8) :p

2. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

eight pointduck,all over the place hunting clubs are asking land owners and clubs are the answer,You help out get your hands dirty and have fun.One of these days no one will be able to hunt out side of clubs,So settle in and have fun Drop-Shot

3. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

Hunting clubs have been a way of life hear in the south for as long as 40 or so years.I haven't nown a time when there wasn't any. The state of Georgia also has W.M.A'S but most of them are quota hunts and you are limited in what you can do..

4. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

This is a difficult concept for me to grasp. I have spent all my life out West, where we hunt vast public lands. The big corporations, developers, and mining companies are ruining all this, however, bit by bit.

I find it too bad that $$$ is now the limiting factor in whether one may hunt...anywhere. I can't fault anyone for joining a hunting club when the alternative is nowhere to hunt.

I particularly like Montana's concept of participating land owners working with the State to open hunting opportunities up to members of the public.

I am, and have been a member of hunting clubs, and I enjoy the social aspect of it, but until recently was never confined by it. I also need to hunt a variety of country and game. Hunting clubs serve many useful purposes, however; they preserve habitat, provide a quality hunting experience, provide a somewhat safer hunting enviroment than do public lands hunts, they encourage new hunters to remain in the sport, and they provide needed infusions of cash into struggling family farms.

My big concern is that hunting will be only for the rich in the not too distant future, as it is all over the UK, Africa, Asia and Europe. The right of the common man to hunt is something we need to preserve IMHO.

Just some opinions and observations...GOOD AND SAFE HUNTING TO ALL MY BROTHERS IN THE SPORT...luv2

5. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

luv2safari I agree 100%,but what can people like myself do?I still hunt public land in Montana but I hear rumors of clubs that would encompass all of the Elkhorn mountain range.I'm dis-abled now and can't get around well any more.I used to go deeper than other hunters but I can't do that anymore,so if a club is offered with limited slots I would have to go with it,as much as I hate it.I feel I was born a century late and long for wide open spaces where game abounds,all shots short.Drop-Shot

6. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

I have to say that I totally understand what you guys are saying. We use to be able to just ask a landowner if we could hunt( even though we had clubs it didn't cost alot). Now you better be able to fork over some greenbacks or suffer. So far I still can afford it ,but what will happen ten years from now.My son is into hunting also ,I want this legacy to remain for future genrations.

7. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

8pointduck you have to hang out at the local feed and mill stores,there will always be a farmer old as the hills learn his first name and if all possible learn his wifes name.Listen don't talk.It might take a couple of times but when you see him and his wife say howdie ms---- and howdie mr ------Get on a first name basis with land owners,and the will let you hunt if they trust you,you might want to go to the cattle sell sit with them and ask guestions,ask if they need help unloading,make yourself ready to help.I'm from Mississippi and know the gamesyou have to play to get their trust.Drop-Shot