Model 100

Discussion in 'Winchester' started by 8pointduck, Jun 18, 2004.

1. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

I have 2 100's and like them very much. Haven't had the so called problems with them that others have had. Anyone else have one, if so how do you like yours?

2. Ruger 77

Ruger 77 Super Member

I've got an 88, chambered in .308 Winchester. It's a pre-64 model, made at the LATEST in 1959. It's a little worn, a little scratched, and a little modified. We put swivels and a sling, as well as a recoil pad, and topped it all with a scope. It's not very accurate, but it's accurate enough for governemt work! :lol: With Remington, Federal, Winchester, and any other factory load, even "Match" ammo, it will shoot about 2 MOA, and with handloads it will shoot about 1.75 MOA. It seems to be a rifle that can't be improved on, damned by it's own harmonic vibrations :wink:

R77

3. wwb

wwb Super Member

Many years back, there was a recall on the M100 rifles. I don't recall the particulars, but I'm pretty certain that Winchester, or what's left of it, isn't doing the rework any more.

Anybody remember what it was about?

4. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

I owned a pre-64 in 308 for a short time in the late '70s. It was an innacurate single shot, I'm sorry to say. It never cycled properly, clean or dirty, and a 4" group was the best I could get it to shoot. The machining and stock work were superior, but it wouldn't function properly.

5. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Well-Known Member

Maybe you ought to sell me that 100 before you have any problems!