Model 94

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by nicolisd, Apr 28, 2004.

1. nicolisd

nicolisd Member

Thinkin about getting a Win Model 94 in the Trails End in a 44mag. Any opinions on the 94 in 44 mag?

2. gwp4ever

gwp4ever Super Member

I think they make a nice little brush gun. I dont own one but have shot one quite a bit. What are you going to use it for?

3. SGD

SGD Member

I have a 94 in 30/30 and it is a great deer rifle. It is small and easy to carry in the bush, and not a lot of recoil. I have a 3x9 scope on it and it is good to two inch pattern at 100 yards. I have not needed more then one shot to bring a whitetail down. That is all one needs to ask of a rifle.

Dave

4. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

I love mine,I've not shot it for several years but I like mine.Drop-Shot

5. goldeyeslayer

goldeyeslayer Well-Known Member

I like the marlins better because the action does not wiggle as much and I dont like caseing going on top of my head

6. Levergun

Levergun Super Member

I like my 94's. I am more of an old west guy and I like the look of the 94 as well as the size and feel. I think the Marlin's are a little thick for me.

7. tommy01

tommy01 Member

I have a win. 94AE. bought 21 years ago in crofton. md. Got it on sale after hunting season. 130.00 dollars. The AE means angle eject. It ejects the cartridge out at a 45 degree angle which means you can put a scope on it. Mine has TASCO PRONGHORN oni it. Gor ti it sighted in for 100yds. using 150 grain coreloks. :wink:
    tommy

8. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Tommy01 I remmember when the ae version came out,I have a 94 that likes to put a spent HOT shell on the nose or lips.Good Luck,and bring home details.Be safe,Drop-Shot

9. fast97rs

fast97rs Member

Get it in .30-30... i got a 94CW in .30-30... great gun....

.44 and .357 is good too... but for more of competition shooting... but for hunting... go .30-30....

You'll never regret it!

10. Clayslayer

Clayslayer Well-Known Member

I have a Marlin 1894 in .44 Remington Magnum. Great gun. It'll do about anything you could reasonably expect a 30-30 to do. Recoil is not even remotely an issue even with the hard factory steel plate on the butt.

It's a fun little gun and holds about a billion rounds of ammo!

11. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

I have one too clayshooter,its a joy to shoot and very accurate also.Drop-Shot

12. Clayslayer

Isn't it a blast!! I can hit a pop can at 100 yards through the open sights time and time again. No recoil. A chunk of lead the size of an engine block going through the air.....

Sorry.....I like the little .44

13. buckshot roberts

buckshot roberts Member

:D had alot of them over the years,good deer gun,I have one in 32sp,not used it for sometime,but I did get one the 9410 shotguns,i just love it,two years ago I got me a model 86 in 45/70 cal,to deer hunt with.

14. Clayslayer

Buckshot,

How do you like the 9410? I've been eyeballing one for quite a while but still haven't decided.

15. buckshot roberts

buckshot roberts Member

:D clayslayer,it's the best 410,i have used I got it at wal-mart last year,I used it on squirrel's,done a very good job,the one i have is in 2 3/4,not 3inc,it is the back pack model,thay have them out now with choke tubes,the one i have is like a full/mod,I had mine with me when fishing,out on the atv,ect,I gave,$500.00 for mine,I used two box's of 410 last squirrel season,if you get one you will love it,and use it more when you hunt. :wink:

16. mike .308

mike .308 Well-Known Member

I like the 94 Trapper because it's good for hunting and target shooting up to about 150 yd.