Nikon scopes

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by 8pointduck, Jul 8, 2004.

1. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

Who hear has a Nikon and how do they perform?

2. sgtdw

sgtdw New Member

I have two rifles fitted with Nikon scopes and have nothing but praise for them. My Nikon Monarch scope in 3-9X40 and Nikon Buckmaster 3-9X50 is crystal clear.

3. wwb

wwb Super Member

My son has a 2-7X Nikon. It's only about 5 years old, but he has no complaints so far.

4. skog

skog Well-Known Member

I have a monarch ucc 3-9x40 and nothing but praise. It is one of the best scopes for the money that i have seen. I think quality is equal to a leopold vx-III and it is about 100 to 150 bucks cheaper.

skog

5. slugmensch

slugmensch Active Member

I have two Nikon scopes. One is a conventional type (Monarch), the other is a handgun scope, mounted on my "scout" rifle. They are both excellent, in my opinion. They are both very clear and bright, seem very well made, the windage and elevation adjustments seem accurate and they both hold zero perfectly. Neither of these scopes cost as much as my car, as well (unlike some brands). All in all, I think Nikons are great scopes.

6. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

Well I went and got one for my custom delux very shootable 300 mag :) . in 4x12 AO

7. RWH24

RWH24 Active Member

I bought a used Buckmaster 3-9-40 and put it on my Tikka 243.
    It is clear enough for what I do. My next will be the Monarch UCC.
    I have a Bush 3200 Elite 4-12-40AO on an Anschutz 22 sport repeater. I still like the clarity of the Nikon better :wink:

8. Outsider_10FP

Outsider_10FP Member

I have a Buckmaster 4.5x14 40
    Mil Dot
    on a 10fp Heavy BBL
    can take out a 32oz big gul "U" at 600 yards.
    I shoulda waited for the side parallax adj. rather than the one on the end.
    Just 'cause you cannot put flip covers on it .
    Id sell it If I dont have to shell out more than 75 bux for a newer model. It is only 2 months old.