Oh man I did it again

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by 8pointduck, Aug 13, 2004.

1. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

I done went and bought something else. A 7mm mag barrel for my Thompson Encore :shock: i have really got a problem and I can't stop. I got to have it . Its like a drug to me. The only thing is I LOVE IT :p

2. MarlandS

MarlandS Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA you got it bad... ride it as long as you can. :D

3. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

8point I feel better cause there are folks that get buying impulses worse than me.I bet that will be one(of many)guns you love.Tell your wife this(I heard it works some times)at least I'm not out chasing women and getting drunk(if you are doing any of those things I will start a fund for your funeral)Do you use a safe or do you like me and hide them all around the house?We know you needed it,just buy the wife some thing to even things out.Drop-Shot

4. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

I got a safe , gun cabinet, hide around the house, Ihave to do it all. I can't use the " At least I don't chase women or get drunk" anymore.I have worn that one out...

5. MarlandS

MarlandS Well-Known Member

I think mine would prefer me to get drunk and chase wimmen rather than have guns "follow me home" all the time.

6. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

:lol: No she just wants you to take up tennis :shock: .................NOT ME ......

7. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

8point,I bet you could shoot those tennis balls if they came in like a duck,or if they sneak through the woods,sounds like fun.Drop-Shot

8. ibex

ibex Member

I am meeting a guy in a bar this "happy hour" to finalize a gun swap. This may be hard to explain away since I may possibly smell of strong drink when I wander home with a silly grin on my face and a strange shooter following me home!!
    mike

9. sappyg

sappyg Member

I don't think my wife has a problem with guns neccessarily. What I think she has the problem with is what I do with them when she is not around :D

10. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

:shock: SAPPY! Say it aint so.

11. gwp4ever

gwp4ever Super Member

Re: re: Oh man I did it again

:shock: You must REALLY like your guns. :lol:

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

congrats

13. sappyg

sappyg Member

yep....and I always bring back my spent shells. I practice safe shooting :wink:

14. goldeyeslayer

goldeyeslayer Well-Known Member

I just just bought a brand new kimber 45acp, its the one the us team has.

15. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

I love those Kimbers,when the right time comes I'm gonna get one.I shot the SLE model at a shooting range,you can rent any gun in stock and shoot it.The one I shot was in 10mm,I already have a 10mm in S&W,but the Kimber was right on.I wanted a 45 acp but that one was rented, and the guy that rented it wanted to buy it.The store salseman said wait till I can get a new one in,and the guy said no I want this one.So I am trying to decide weather a 45acp or the 10mm.I'm leaning towards the 45acp.The 45 makes a bigger hole.Drop-Shot

16. goldeyeslayer

goldeyeslayer Well-Known Member

Drop-shot, have you tries any of the HK pistols, I might buy one soon. Would I be better of getting something else?

17. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

goldeyeslayer thats a dificult question,The 1911 style is easy to hold and becomes an extension of your hand.I shoot them well,they fit my hand.The hk usp is great but a different style,the expert is what I shot most and I can group almost as well as the kimber,put both in your hands and see what feels best.Point without aiming,then look down the barrel,see if you have proper target alignment.Some guns point as if naturally,and some you have to train yourself to shoot well.Look for the one that fits your hand and points well.The 1911 style is easier for me,you have to find out what fits your hand best,and I feel you can't go wrong with a H&K ,I don't own one as of yet,I'm working on a deal for an expert and hope it works out.I don't want to sound desperate and move the deal higher.See what feels best in your hand and if your like me,both the H&K expert and the kimber feel perfect.The H&K has a higher capacity but the kimber feels a little better.Drop-Shot

18. wudjalike2no

wudjalike2no Well-Known Member

the quickest cure is to spend all of your money ASAP, then you cant buy any more :D

19. asmith5

asmith5 Member

Hehe. I did the same thing this weekend and picked up a Traditions E-bolt 209 .50 caliber muzzleloader this weekend. I paid cash for most of it and put enough on the credit card that I could pass it off as an ammunition purchase. The only problem is that I am going to get busted if she sees it since it is black synthetic stock and all of my other guns have wood stocks. The big ass barrel is going to make it hard to convince her that it is a .22 as well. :twisted:

20. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Boy the things we go through to be a man!Awhile back I bought a 45LC vaquro in polished stainless,and then a few months later I bought a bisley blackhawk in 45LC,she could not tell the difference,but you got a problem when no other gun looks like the NEW one.If she's gonna hit ya let it be the side and not the nose or lips and we will all pitch in for your funeral if worse comes to worse.Tell her it's for her,yea thats the ticket,just for her and you want to show her how to use it.When it kicks her make up off,she will say I don't want it,and of course you can't take it back.It's a shame that we stoop to this level but wemon don't understand or need to have more than 1 gun.I hope the bruises heal quickly and good luck.Drop-Shot