Remington Vs. Winchester

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by Levergun, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Levergun

Levergun Super Member

We're talking Boltaction here.

Question......watch the results!

Remington ADL/BDL (which ever) or Winchester Model 70?

Now for the next step. What kind of truck do you drive?

Ford or Chevy?

For me, Remington and Ford.

2. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

WELL , I like them both since I have both. These two guns have a place in history for accuracy and being well built.

As for the truck , its a ford :)

3. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Definitely FORD TRUCKS!
    As for the rifle,I've owned both and been happy with them but would lean more toward Remington.

HWD

4. 1300pump

1300pump Well-Known Member

nothing wrong with em at all. I own remington and winchester guns

drive a chevy impala and love it, but I'm lookin for an explorer suv truck

5. Irish Setter

Irish Setter Well-Known Member

I have owned both Ford and Chevy trucks...I definitely prefer Ford. As for the rifles, I am a Winchester fan...I own 4.

6. claycrusher

claycrusher Well-Known Member

Remington and Chevy for me.

Jonathan

7. winchester

winchester Active Member

Another Remington & Chevy here.

Kevin

8. shoudek

shoudek New Member

Winchester and Ford!! Nothing wrong with Remmington, I reload lots of STS hulls.

Chevy? Thats another story.

9. markIVbigblock

markIVbigblock Super Member

Remington and Chevy definitely now why would I pick these 2 well Ill give u my 2 reason:

Remington 700 CDL in .270
    and
    98 Chevy Silverado 2500 ext. cab HD suspension w/ 6.5L turbo diesel

Life is good..... 8) 8) 8)

Aaron

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Levergun,

If the choice is between the Remington Model 700 and the Winchester Model 70, I'd go for the latter in the "Super Grade" configuration, cambered to .30-'06.

Personally, though, I'd rather just stick with my CZ 550, with it's controlled-feed action, field-serviceable firing pin (both features that the Win. M-70 has, as well), dovetail scope attachment (similar to a Sako), and single-set trigger (which neither the Remchseter or the Winington have).

As for the truck question, if the choice is between a Ford or a Chevy, and only those two, I'd probably just buy whichever of the two I could get the best deal on, but I'd want four-wheel drive and diesel power, either way.

As with the rifle question, I'm not wild about being limited to these two choices. I don't have any use for a pick-up, but if I did, I'd get a four-wheel drive Dodge with the Cummins engine.

As it is, if I want to go someplace that pavement doesn't, I've got a "mildly modified" TJ Jeep for that. Otherwise, I'd rather drive my Porsche.

Different strokes for different folks.........

JP

11. j870sm

j870sm Well-Known Member

Winchester and Chevy.

12. capt9992002

capt9992002 Active Member

Savage..... and a Dodge......

Hey... SOMEbody's gotta be different......

But if the choice is limited, then Remington 870 and a dead heat on Ford/Chevy the past two or three model years.

13. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

Thats ok cap. You just keep it that way :)

14. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Hey every one I have been a mechanic for 33 years,active for that long.I have been disabled for the last 2 years.I have worked on all makes of trucks,I worked at a chevrolet dealership,for 9 years.,dodge and nissan for a couple years, ford and toyota dealership for a few years and I had my own shop for the remaining years.I have come to the following conclusion,no truck is worth the prices they are asking,I know folks with 550,00 truck payments,I know all the weaknesses and strong points on all trucks.Right now I own a ford 4X4 but if I find a good deal on chevy or dodge I would get it.I wont go into details unless asked,but the new fords have the best body and suspension and the only transmission chevy has at this point is the allison,the 4-60-le is garbage and I have changed hundreds,so I've come up with this,I like Remingsters and chevords,and winctons,.Just my 2 cents.Drop-Shot

15. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

:lol: DS :lol:

16. capt9992002

capt9992002 Active Member

Just noticed... I said "Remington 870".... I meant "Remington 700"......guess I thought I was in shotgunworld forum...

I NEED COFFEE!!!!!

17. dinengurth

dinengurth Member

Remington, and as of right now, Ford.

take it easy

18. bbanbury

bbanbury Super Member

Browning...and a Jeep. However, I do have Rem 700 in 30-06 and a 788 in 308 (first deer rifle I bought in '78 in Phoenix at a Smity's grocery when I was in college). Both are very accurate...and very reliable. As for Ford vs. Chevy...I'll stick with my Jeep. :D

19. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

bblanbury which jeep?c-j or full size?I have owned several c-j's and have made conversions to 350 chevy and an old gear driven transfer case.I've owned them all and worked on them also.I've broken the frames on 2 from conversions but I love the power advantage from a 258 6 cylinder to a 225 horsePower stock 350,its hard on front ends as it changes the whole geomentry of the cj front end but tinkering was 1/2 the fun.I now drive a stock ford 1981 4X4 with a 300 6 cylinder,but I'm too old to worry about power now,the torque of the 300 is tops for Montana and the carb is jetted for altitude and gets good milage at higher altitudes. I shoot remingtons,winchester,ruger,browning,marlin,rossi,savage ,mossberg.I've rambled enough.Drop-Shot

20. Levergun

Levergun Super Member

This is interesting.

The sinario by study is that guys the choose a Remington usually choose a Ford and Vis Versa.

But ya'll break the mould! Guys we are all different.

I own a Pontiac Grand Prix for the wife.
    I like Winchester Leverguns.
    I like Remington 870 shotguns.
    I drive a 72 Ford Pick up 4x4
    My Elk gun is a Savage in 358 Winchester.
    My toy is my 79 Cj5. Stock 258 inline 6.
    NP435 tranny and Dana 20 T-case. Locker in rear and Limited slip in front and solid axels. I do not own a Remington Bolt action. Matter of fact I do not own any bolt action rifles.:D