Sako?

Discussion in 'Rifle Opinions' started by pigeonhunter, May 22, 2004.

1. pigeonhunter

pigeonhunter Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of Sakos?

2. RWH24

RWH24 Active Member

:roll: There Okay with me PH. I shoot a Tikka, Second line Sako :wink:
    BTW: Did I say how much I love my Tikka :p

If not, I really do love my Tikka's :lol:

Have I said I love my Beretta's :wink:

Probably on SGW, Beretta Lovers :wink:

Randy

3. MeandCoco

MeandCoco Member

Hey guys, I just got my Tikka out of the law away. Haven't had the chance to shhot it or for that matter quite decided which scope to put on it though. Think a nickel finish?

[​IMG]

4. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

ph

I think enough of them to stand in front of cape buffalo with a Sako in my hands...375 H&H Safari Mdl... Sakos are excellent rifles. They did make some not so good rifles about 15 or so years ago, however. They got everything ironed out in a hurry, though.

luv2

5. phideaux_2003

phideaux_2003 Active Member

Basically top of the line rifles without going into the EXTRAVAGANTLY expensive rifles. They are really good and considered by many to be some of the best.

Had on in .243. Great gun.

Nick

6. MeandCoco

MeandCoco Member

I'm upgrading from a Remington 710 so that's good to know. Although I'm always going to be partial to that gun. I've never missed with it, and most people who see it at the range mistake it for the Colt.

7. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

PH, you can't go wrong with a Sako 75

8. Burnt Powder

Burnt Powder Member

I'm not particularly fond of the new Model 75s. I like the old Vixen, Forester, Finwolf and Finbear series of firearms. All fine rifles. Almost as good as my Pre '64 Winchesters.

BP

9. hofstet

hofstet Member

Have two Sako 75 Deluxes, one .300 Mag and one .270, great rifles and very accurate.

10. goldeyeslayer

goldeyeslayer Well-Known Member

The new ones are top of the line, without all tht prissy crap on them. In my opinion they are as good as they get.

11. TXVAshooter

TXVAshooter Super Member

prissy crap....I love it! :p

12. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

What is the sako 75 cost now,I remmember from years ago they were 750.00 to 800.00 dollars back then,what are they bringing now?Drop-Shot

13. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

The last time I looked it was around 900 to 1000

14. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Hey guys have you noticed you don't see many used sako's?It looks like people keep them and thats a good endorsement of a product.Drop-Shot

15. goldeyeslayer

Thr only ones I have seen used are odd and extreme calibors. As if someone had found out how hard it is to find and afford the ammo.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am building a 7-08 on an L579 acton. Sako is a fine riflle. Do not know if Beretta has had an impact on quality or not. I have a Delux in 280 which can shoot well under an inch with handloads. From what I have seen in trying to locate an action for a 7-08. They are a bit pricey.

17. goldeyeslayer

beretta, I doubt will mess with there quility, most of the time they just perchus a comapny. Like so many they are owned or managed by beretta.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a Sako 75 Deluxe in 7 MM Mag. I love it! Accurate and reliable.

19. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Hey phideaux you must have cajun roots to have a last name like that.My wife was born in neworleans and raised in New Iberia,We got married and stayed there 17 years.Great food down there and good fishing.Drop-Shot

20. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

New Iberia....... :shock: ...... Thats a hot sauce of an area :lol: