savage .308

Discussion in 'Medium Bore' started by Anonymous, May 13, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

im considering getting a savage .308 i only have a few questions
    here it is
    http://www.savagearms.com/10fple2.htm
    1. can i buy it since its an LE gun
    2. anyone know typical markup on it?
    3. anyone have any previous experience
    this will not be a hunting rifle it will be a target rifle only.

2. GordonSetter

GordonSetter Member

You can buy it. The LE is just a marketing tool.
    The triggar system on this gun helps make it one of the most accurate guns on the market. I am more than happy with my savage .308, I think savage is one of the best over the counter rifle companies. Markup is going to depend on your area. Just start calling gun shops.

3. timpryor

timpryor New Member

ahh ok i see i guess i'll call nagels gun shop here in SATX sometime closer when i get all the funding togather

4. chips

chips Well-Known Member

do not buy from nagles! they will rip you off! belive me, i paid $400 for a used rifle that i could have bought new for less than $200. that was right after i had turned 18, and i was in a big hurry to buy my first gun.

go to dury's gun shop on 37 south.

http://www.durysguns.com/html/durys_main.html

5. timpryor

timpryor New Member

okay tim i definately will check them out but i dont know if they'll have that savage but i will check it out see ya tommorrow

6. timpryor

timpryor New Member

druy's doesnt carry savage. i want a savage

7. JWiley

JWiley Member

Saw a new one on Gunbroker for $430, if that data helps with in-store pricing.

8. chips

chips Well-Known Member

Re: re: savage .308

check at academy. i think they carry savage, but i dont think they would have the model you're looking at. a place to shoot is a shooting range, and gun shop. they might have what you're looking for. just dont buy from nagles.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've got one of those Savage 99's in .308. Mine is a feather weight, with a Burris scope. Nice gun. Wonderful gun to carry. Works just fine and shots about where it's pointed.

It's also nice to own a classic.

I also have a Savage model 95. A rare gun, I love the thing. Shoots those 303 Savage rounds into a coffee cup at 100 yards. Don't shoot it much as I also have a pre-64 30/30 Winchester which shoots about the same....Not such a valuable gun either.