Savage MkII as youth rifle?

Discussion in 'Small Bore' started by jkvirginia, May 20, 2004.

1. jkvirginia

jkvirginia Active Member

Heya, finally found my way over from ShotgunWorld... I'm shopping for a .22 rifle for my gf's 13 year old daughter. The local gun shop as a Savage bolt-action for $150 or so and it looks about the right size to teach her to shoot with. Handled the gun, it seems fairly well put together if rather feathery. (I'm 6'2 and large framed, though, so all .22's feel "whippy" to me, :wink: ) Anyone used/shot these, if so, what's your opinion of one?

2. iwoodbutcher

iwoodbutcher Member

Yes, I have a Mark II Savage 22 with Laminated stock and heavy barrel and it is my favorite to shoot. If I am going to be shooting against my buddies I will always take the Mark II. It is a great shooter and wood recommend it to anyone.

Monte

3. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: WOW!!! We are bustin' this thread with responses!!! As stated above, it's a hard rifle to beat for the money. Love mine.///olde 8) pharte///

4. clayshooter25/25

clayshooter25/25 Well-Known Member

Re: re: Savage MkII as youth rifle?

lol. It seems that ever since I started moderating this sub-forum it has gotten slower than usual. :? :lol:

5. TXVAshooter

TXVAshooter Super Member

clay, when did you mosey over and start modding?

thomasartbutler/txvashooter

jk, that .22 is sweet, my brother has one, lil tack driver.

6. clayshooter25/25

clayshooter25/25 Well-Known Member

Re: re: Savage MkII as youth rifle?

I asked Jay if I could become a moderator of this sub-forum about a month ago I think. I have been doing a lot of rimfire shooting lately.

7. jarhead123

jarhead123 Member

I got a mark II for my daughter a few months ago. We were bunny hunting with my old savage 24 .22/410. It was much to heavy for her to hold so santa entered with her own .22. What a tack driver! Blue on a composite stock, open sights, grooved for scope, older model. Not impressed with the trigger but is still on the mark and an all around good rifle for the price. The daughter is shooting it well and her interest keeps up. The stock is a bit shorter and the weight sure helps. Still shooting open sights and I am very happy.

8. Crap Load

Crap Load New Member

Good stuff, you can mod the trigger pretty easy.

9. jarhead123

jarhead123 Member

Crap Load. How can I mod. the trigger?