SEARS Mod 2T Cal 22 S, L, OR LR

Discussion in 'Rifle ID & Value' started by jingyel, Aug 21, 2010.

1. jingyel

jingyel New Member

Hello Everyone,

I just bought my first rifle from an antique sale.

It shows on the barrel ---- SEARS Mod 2T Cal 22 S, L, OR LR---SEARS, ROEBUCK CO. --MOD NO 273 27530---MADE IN USA

I searched online and someone siad it's one of the Canadian-built Winchester/Cooey models as made for Sears. Can anyone tell me more story about this rifle?

It is very old and rusty. I oiled it, the mechanical parts still works fine.
    I paid $12 for it. What could be the maket value?

Thanks,

Jing

2. wwb

wwb Super Member

It's a Winchester Model 131.

Being, as you said, "....very old and rusty....", it's worth about the $12 you paid. But it isn't really that old - the 131 was first introduced in 1967. It looks really old because it was abused.

3. jingyel

jingyel New Member

Thanks for the reply. I searched the photos of Winchester Model 131. It looks not exactly the same as mine. My rifle doesn't have the magazine.

Can I attach a photo here?

4. jingyel

jingyel New Member

Also, do I need to register the rifle, or get a licence for it?

5. jingyel

jingyel New Member

Actually, it is Winchester Model 141. Below is what I found onine---

The 141's true value is as a shooter - as there is very sparse collector's demand for them.

If your rifle has no serial number, then it was made prior to the GCA-68 mandatory serial-numbering requirement of 1968.
    Prior to 1968, many manufacturers didn't bother to serial number their economy, and/or less expensive firearms - although some did.

In the mid-60's, Winchester went on an "economy" kick, introducing several "affordable" products from 1963 onward - the cusp of "pre & post" '64 references, when speaking of Winchesters.

Besides using less expensive internals and manufacturing methods on most of their firearms, Winchester also introduced a series of inexpensive rimfire boltguns to replace the discontinued Model 69, etc line - which was their previous economy model.

Your M141 butt-loader was introduced along with the M131 - but were discontinued in 1972 in favor of the Greg Warne designed Model 320 series - which eventually went on to become the Kimber.

6. Papadoodles

Papadoodles Super Member

7. Mainky34

Mainky34 New Member

I have the model 141 Winchester .22 S.L. or L.R. and it is also missing the magazine. Does anyone know where I could get a magazine for this rifle?