tracers

Discussion in 'Center Fire' started by chips, Apr 28, 2004.

1. chips

chips Well-Known Member

where can i get some reliable tracers? i bought some .308 tracers at a gun show, and they didn't work. i'd like some surplus military tracers if possible

2. gwp4ever

gwp4ever Super Member

Arent the military ones supposed to be hard on barrels. The only ones I've ever saw were the .22 tracers from Cabelas.

Chips, its about time you joined up over here :)

3. GordonSetter

GordonSetter Member

Here ya go. Down near the bottom is Talon tracers. Non corosive current Mil issue. I use them they will not hurt the barrel. Old WWII tracers were corosive and could hurt the barrel, the modern ones are fine. They may cause more build up so you need to clean the gun more often or shot placement will suffer in half the shots it normally would.
    $35 per 100
    http://www.kyimports.com/ammo.htm

4. chips

chips Well-Known Member

Re: re: tracers

yup, and lets hope more people come on over too 8)

gordon - thanks a lot for the link. i think i'll get some pretty soon when i have a little bit of extra cash

5. Aix Sponsa

Aix Sponsa Member

6. chips

chips Well-Known Member

if only i had some money. ive been unemployed for about 5 weeks now, and almost all my money is gone. i might take you up on your offer in a couple weeks after i start working again

thanks
    -Tim

7. IRISH9

IRISH9 Well-Known Member

I have a good pdf file about how to make your own tracers out of normal fmj bullets, I haven't tried it but it makes sense and the chemistry of the composition is sound and safe and the tool making part is detailed.
    How can I put up a pdf for people to download ? (for someone who isn't that flash with computers :wink: ).

8. chips

chips Well-Known Member

Re: re: tracers

im not sure how to put up a pdf, but i would like to know how to make my own tracers. i wonder if they would damge the barrell at all.

9. pigeonhunter

pigeonhunter Well-Known Member

Hey Aix, you a Wood Duck fan? :D

10. DougKMN

DougKMN Active Member

You can upload files at www.putfile.com. If that doesn't work, message me and I'll hook you up with a place to host