1 More Time

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by 8pointduck, Jun 16, 2005.

1. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

I did it again. I went and bought another gun. A Browning BL-22 that I couldnt resist.It is used but hasnt been shot and looks brand new. The thing is ,how can I explain this one?

2. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Wow 8point that is not only a great shooting rifle but a great looking one at that.Tell your wife that you really really needed it.Other than that,tell ,me when to cover my ears.Drop-Shot

3. uglydog

uglydog Super Member

I always start with "Honey, remember that dinner/fund raiser I told you about a while back? Well, I bought a couple raffle tickets instead of going and look at what I won!!! Ain't it beautiful!!" Hope it works better for you than it does for me.

4. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

I am just such a gun nut. If I see a good looking gun ,I just got to have it.

5. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

We'll be watching for the Mushroom Shaped Cloud, hoss. I hear that they shoot pretty good. GOOD LUCK with the wife!!

HWD

6. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

8Pt, my advice is to pay cash. Even though the womenfolk seem to be natural forensic accountants, it is harder to trace and less of a paper trail for the Mrs to follow. Also (and this is important) make sure you get a large gun safe so that the new piece can be circumspectly brought inside and there are enough spaces left to fit new acquisitions. ALSO never let the Mrs look inside to take a head count of firearms or empty spaces, I think it is fair to say that explaining the prolific reproductive capabilities of a firearm to a non-shooter is not doable under any circumstances.

Since we are on the topic, I too have a little dilemma (did not follow my own above advice). I got a few extra shekels which were immediately dedicated to acquiring a new firearm or two. Now my problem is that the old gun safe is full (still struggling to figure out how that happened). Storing a gun outside of a safe is a no-no in any event so I now have to figure out how to get both new gun and larger safe into the house. Please advise .......

7. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Mountainveiw,

Find another safe that's the same color,just larger.
    Send wife on out of town vacation.
    Find someone that needs your safe(have him send his wife with yours).
    Bring it home,along with new shooter while she's gone.

Now, beings as we all know none of the above will work,just tell her that your guns are reproducing at a high rate and ya need to seperate the boys from the girls to stop it. Tell her that birth control don't work on guns and no one can figure out how to spay or neuter the boys and girls. Hold up 2 larger caliber or gauge guns then show her,then show her a 22 or 410(the babies) with a look of digust on your face. See if that don't work!

If all else fails...........BEG!!!!!!!

Boy that was fun

HWD

8. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

HWD,

That is some right sage advice ya proffered though there are some minor details that need to be ironed out. The Mrs has been talking about taking a trip so that is good but the bad part is that she is talking about doing it well after the end of hunting season. Here in the sunny, tropical Midwest that would mean having a new UNFIRED firearm in my possession 'til the spring thaw and having to wait 'til the NEXT hunting season to perform "field testing". Well that is a problem I'll post and solicit solutions for another time.

9. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

WOW, Hey guys, When I told my wife about the gun she shook her head and said thats just like you and that was it.........maybe I can get away with it again

10. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

1. They are a great little gun!

2. You deserve a great little gun!