Shooting World Forums banner

Am I stupid for wanting a silent full auto .22 and making it?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• I do too

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
You are not stupid for wanting a full auto 10/22 but would be very stupid to make one illegally, its not worth it. And as for welding the fireing pin, VERY BAD IDEA!!! There is a book out there on how to PROPERLY build a full auto 10/22.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry if I am overzealous in the presentation of my point. It just seems as if the Government is preventing us Southerners from having fun. I know that preventing full-auto weapons from being openly sold may prevent a few deaths but it is the responsibility of
the criminal for his murderous actions. The common man shouldn't have to lead a boring existence thinking his 10/22 with a 25 round clip is cool.

Spiffy

I am not a dumb ******* for your info, I qualify for Mensa.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you want one, do what us law-abiding citizens do- buy a legal one, pay for your stamp and go on with life. We are trying to stop you from making a large error, one that may have you behind bars. I like full autos as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to break the law to own one.

You can have a full auto, you just have to jump through a few more hoops and pay more money to have it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Re: re: 10/22 accessories

spiffy said:
I am not a dumb ******* for your info, I qualify for Mensa.
Whoopee. I've known my fair share of Mensa-level minds. That kinda thing happens when you're a semester away from having degrees in engineering, math, and physics. Mensa doesn't mean a thing when it comes to common sense and experience.

Don't come crying to me when the cops take away your illegal firearm and throw you in jail.

·
Banned
3 Posts
i dont think its stupid at all for wanting a silent selectfire 10/22 cuz not only will it be quiet but also cheap and fun to shoot on full auto with no recoil

now the problem i see is that if u were to weld the firing pin in place (im assuming u mean have it protruding out of the bolt) is that the second u release the bolt it will empty the mag all at once unless it jams

i recomend u find a competent class 2 manufactuer in ur area that can make u a set of open bolt selectfire parts that can just drop in the reciever and make sure u get the proper paperwork to go with it cuz even tho its only a .22 its still a full auto firearm and does fall under the NFA rules and breaking them is a big time felony

now as far as the silenced barrel goes thats not nearly as hard to get as the selectfire parts and shouldnt have too much trouble on getting it

just remember to do it all leagally :wink:

Maser?

·
Banned
1 Posts
well for one thing it would be fun to shoot a full auto gun at full auto speeds and be able to control the multiple recoils and also .22 ammo is so cheap you can blast away all day :twisted:

but like i said above just do it legally and there wont be no problem

·
Registered
681 Posts
Re: re: 10/22 accessories

BinkyBoyJason said:
well for one thing it would be fun to shoot a full auto gun at full auto speeds
That's rather redundant, unless you've got it rigged somehow so that the harder you pull the trigger, the faster it shoots :roll: .

No, hodgeman, I don't believe this is a serious thread. Notice how all the people with charming input just got here, and there seems to be a lot of them? I'm punching the troll button.

You want a 10/22 that shoots that fast and want to do it quick, cheap, and legal? Buy that little hand crank affair that clips to the trigger guard. Even better yet, go buy another 10/22 and get that twin-barrel machine gun kit.

If that's what you wanna use a rifle for, it's none of my business. I don't care, and I don't want to be anywhere around you when you do it. I, like about 99% of the members here, would rather touch off one shot at a time and put the bullets where they need to go.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.