Shooting World Forums banner

1st fox in a while

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  260rem 
#1 ·
I have worked every day for the last 34 days strait, which has been driving me nuts. I finally got a couple of days off and managed to pop over the road for a shot.

I haven’t been over there for a long time so everything was quiet and there were lots of rabbits running around and even a few hares playing on a hillside, my dog had had a great time and even caught a couple of bunnies.
I had just finished a walk around my favourite area and was headed back to the car when I noticed this bugger stalking up on some young bunnies playing outside their burrow.
I started stalking closer stoping every couple of meters to let her settle, she started to get suspicious when I was about 50m from her. I stood motionless as she looked strait at me, I was sure that she must have seen me but her attention turned back to the bunnies.
This continued for about 10 minutes until I got within 15M of her. I lined her up and gave a low whistle when she turned and looked at me I gave her a load of BB shot and she dropped to the ground and I put one more into her.

It’s a good thing that I started loading one barrel with 7&1/2 shot and the other with N/o 2# or BB’s when hunting Bunnies as this proves that my “just in case” precaution proved to be a great idea.

See less See more
#2 ·
nice fox ,,just like we have here in the states,, i spent some time out in the bush with some of your spec 4 fokes,, we helped them rig some parachutes for drops and did some short field landings/takeoffs in the dirt with C130s,, you got good beer and nice ladies ,,

#3 ·
:D 260, the land down under sounds like a neat place to do some hunting 8) Too bad they have so many restrictions on guns. While I like doubles, my favorite shotguns are 870s. My best day this year on small game was the 31st of Jan. First thing my pal spotted a coyote. I put the 500 yard dot on the old coyote and squeezed of a round from the 22-250AI. It looked like the bullet missed kicking up dirt from behind, but I heard the sound of a hit, mr. coyote ran maybe 50 yards and went end over end. Perfect hit. Later, I managed a limit of 15 quail with my 870 Special Field 12 ga. Do you fellows have any quail in that part of the world :?: :?: Later, I may headed to TX. I hope to do some exotic game shooting and maybe some hog hunting. :wink:

#4 ·
Yep we have Quail but the season can be unpredictable as some years it's on and the next it's off, but I love my Quail Mmmm stuffed Quail in red wine and mushroom sauce :D

Theres plenty of big game here too, about 8 species of Deer, Camel's, Bantang (the last wild ones in the world) Buff, Brumbies, Donkeys just to name a few.
I would love a big Bear but I'm going to have to wait and travel for that one :cry:

#6 ·
Thats a Rottwell 93E, I actually sold that gun about a week after that photo was taken and bought a new one, it was a top gun but it just didn't balance as well for me as I would have liked.
It fit's the mate that bought it perfectly however and he is getting great use out of it and I love my new gun so it was a win win situation :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.