Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
The_Cook said:
Also I know .22lr is a rimfire cartridge, but I've also heard rumors that there is a way to reload them. Has anyone heard anything?

Lastly, what .22lr ammo do you like?
well iv read in some of those homemade ammo books that u can reload a .22 rimfire case by using a punch to take the dent out of the rim from the firing pin n then u take ur homemade priming mix n wet it to make it into a paste n then use a tiny paintbrush n brush it around the bottom n into the inside of the rim n then let it dry n then reload it like u would any other centerfire case

my favorite .22 lr ammo is the .22 sss (60 grain bullet)

·
Registered
304 Posts
well i hope i dont get into any trouble from the mods or admins of this site but i do have lots of experience with both low n high explosives n when it comes to primers theyr loaded with a primary high explosive friction sensitive charge such as murcury fulminate but when it comes to .22 rimfire cases they actualy add a small amount of trinitrotoluene (TNT) to the priming mix to give it an extra kick n also to ensure that the nitrocellulose in the smokeless powder ignites properly but if u ask me i wouldnt go fooling around with trying to break out loaded primers cuz even tho its a real tiny pop if they do explode they will throw tiny metal particles that can hit u in the eye but hey if u wanna try it what i recommend is that u go to a gun shop n buy some 209 shot gun primers n then soaked em in pure alcohol or ur everclear which is like 95% i think n keep em soaking until the aclcohol evaporates n what ul have left is the priming mix on the bottom so then all u would have to do is wet the mix again to make it into a paste n then brush it inside the rim of the .22 case

·
Registered
304 Posts
well i think The_Cook created this thread not to really learn how to reload em but jus to find out if its true that u can lol anyways in the time it takes to actually reload 1 cartridge u coulda already went n bought a box of 550 rounds at wal mart for only 7 bucks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.