3-9x32

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by Sponxx, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Sponxx

Sponxx Well-Known Member

Will the Bushnell Sportview 3-9x32 hold the recoil of a .308? I consider that a provisional scope while i get a better quality one. thanks

2. wwb

wwb Super Member

I have a 30 year old Bushnell on a Marlin .30-30, and a 15 year old Bushnell on a Ruger .44 Mag Carbine. Both are still working fine.

The only suggestion I would make is that you get a 40mm objective if you're getting a 3-9X. The 32mm objective is better suited to lower magnification - about 5X or less.

3. Duke809

Duke809 Guest

I have that exact scope on my 10/22. I think it is designed for the 22 to begin with. I would think a 308 would be too much for that scope, but that's just my opinion.

4. uglydog

uglydog Super Member

I ran a 3x9x32 Banner on a 300 mag for two years without a problem. It later moved to a 6mm and now switches between a 10/22 and a couple of shotguns. These inexpensive scopes are kind of "hit and miss" when it comes to durability though they should do well enough for low to moderate use in a relatively low recoil gun like a 308.

5. Sponxx

Sponxx Well-Known Member

I plan on that 3-9x32 to be temporary. I already have one, that used to be for lower caliber guns, and while i get hold of a good quality/price scope i planned to use it. Just didnt want to damage it by using it in a heavier recoil gun.
    thanks