Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have a 30 year old Bushnell on a Marlin .30-30, and a 15 year old Bushnell on a Ruger .44 Mag Carbine. Both are still working fine.

The only suggestion I would make is that you get a 40mm objective if you're getting a 3-9X. The 32mm objective is better suited to lower magnification - about 5X or less.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I ran a 3x9x32 Banner on a 300 mag for two years without a problem. It later moved to a 6mm and now switches between a 10/22 and a couple of shotguns. These inexpensive scopes are kind of "hit and miss" when it comes to durability though they should do well enough for low to moderate use in a relatively low recoil gun like a 308.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan on that 3-9x32 to be temporary. I already have one, that used to be for lower caliber guns, and while i get hold of a good quality/price scope i planned to use it. Just didnt want to damage it by using it in a heavier recoil gun.
thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.