300 wby mag fibrelight mark 5

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by Anonymous, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well it looks like i will be sleeping on the couch tonight but i think i found a good deal i could not pass up.

weatherby fiberlight mark 5 in 300 weaterby mag with a leopold 3X9X40 veri X II scope.. absolutely beuitiful riffle would say 98%

this thing looks spotless and at 661.48 out the door i couldn't pass it up but at the same time i am kicking myself.

i found a remington 740 in about 60 percent condition 30-06. plenty of freckling on the bluing barrel reciever and all. not the worst i have seen but well loved and not cared for so to speak...had a one year garuntee on it though.

bore was still fairly clean though with no rings or dark spots.

199.99 the second i put it down somone snaged it and ran off like a kid in a candy store. still kicking myself in the rear for that so i compensated with the weatherby :) none the less i'll be on the couch tonight :lol:

i am assuming though that this will definately need a deceleraton pad and probably a muzzle break or magna porting

2. wudjalike2no

wudjalike2no Guest

your next investment should be a really comfortable couch

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well the one i have is only a 2 seater so i am sure this will be a comfortable night :roll:

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

p.s. any sugested reloads for it ? will most likely be running barnes x2 tripleshock 180 grainers

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

p.s. any sugested reloads for it ? will most likely be running barnes x2 tripleshock 180 grainers

6. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Goose,

A buddy of mine has one that loves ballistic tips. As for the Recoil reducing,while stiff, it isn't unmanagable. A good recoil pad should do the trick.

HWD

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i was thinking a pachmayer reducer as well ad a murcury recoil reducer they sell for inside the stock.

weatyherby wants 150 for theirs but you can pick up benelli and other brands for about 40.