Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a reloader (yet) so I'm looking for the best sources and recommendations for cartridges. I know ammobank carries some factory Winchester 200gr loads but what do you think of some of the other ammo manufacturers like Conely?

Email privately if more appropriate. Thanks.
:D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I looked at a Winchester, 94 Big Bore in this caliber but the availability of ammo scared even me off. "Locally" (meaning within 150 miles or so), it is most commonly found at Sportsman's Warehouse for around $28 a box. Surprisingly it is cheaper than the .358 Win though not as common. Grafs and Son is a great place to do business, Dick has brought my powder to various shoots we both had entered saving me shipping and hazmat fee.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
"Short-Richard" goes by "Short-Richard" and claimed to not like being called otherwise. As he will bring the powder I order with him to shoots we will both be attending saving me Hazmat and shipping charges, I do not wish to annoy him. Any place I can save money means I can spend it somewheres else.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
ugly,

When you see him next, tell him to stock a few .318 bullets for us drilling and older Greman rifle shooters. :D If he says "NO", I'll have you banned from the board. :twisted: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Nope, not in MO though my father did own a place on Table Rock back when Branson had only 4 shows. He sold it several years later when he got an offer he couldn't refuse. I've just run into Mr. Graf at several shooting events around the Mid-West and have been squadded with him a time or two.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
l2s,
I dropped a note off to Grafs' about the bullets, I'll be gone the next couple weeks (someone has to go keep down the quail and billfish populations) but I'll let you know the response when I get back. I'd guess he'll be fairly receptive as he has worked with Hornady to get some obscure rounds factory loaded.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Amazing the change in Branson since I was a kid. Too bad Table Rock has suffered with Branson's success. Piles of money were thrown around there to get it built, that's for sure.

I have always found little richard to be a nice guy...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.