Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I'm not a reloader yet but have a .356 Winchester coming. Winchester still manufactures loaded .356 Winchester ammo with 200gr Power Point bullets. What is your opinion of the bullet for wild boar, elk and moose? Too soft? :roll:

· Registered
1,427 Posts
The bullet should work well for these animals as long as you take reasonable shots. I would not expect back to front penetration on a moose or even a largish elk but any broadside or quartering shot out to 200 yards should be OK. I have a .358 Win and the only loads are 200 gr Silvertips which are a bit more pointed than the round noses in the .356. I plan on using the 225 gr Sierrra as my gun has a box magazine rather than a tube. You may look at the 250 gr round noses if the big boys are your main quarry.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speer Hot-cor?

Any experience with Speer Hot-cor? Conely Cartridge loads 200gr bullets for the .356 Winchester. Any opinions on that bullet design, which they say penetrates better than the Power Point?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.