Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if anyone has any "pet" loads. i still have a bunch of reloader 7, and would like to use it instead of buying different powder. i use it to load .45-70 , and was thinking could scale down powder load to around 18 grainsor less ?????

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
jc,
I just looked a Alliant's web site and they don't list this powder for the 45lc. Of course I realize that this is just a short list of their loads. I'll look in some of my manuals tonite if you'd like.Maybe I'll find something there. What bullet weight/style?

HWD

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Use a different powder. Reloader 7 is not designed for use in the 45 Colt. It is indicated for use in the 45/70 but that is a totally different cartridge with a much greater volume than the 45 Colt. I use TiteGroup for much of my Colt loads but am looking at Trail Boss for the future.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i figured i would have to use a different powder. i was just seeing if i could use the other. i guess i'll have to run out and buy some more bluedot. thats what i use in my .38/.357 loads.
thanks for the info. my newyears resolution is not to reply/respond to the "maser" you guys should do the same. maybe if noboby replies, he''l just fade away.

·
Registered
48 Posts
For the 45LC you may want to take a long look at Trail Boss .

It was made for CB action shooting and does a wonderful job in both of my 45LC's

I also use a lot of Unique for it , Granted it burns a little dirty but for cast bullets i just love it .

·
Registered
106 Posts
I load a lot of shotgun and 45 cal (auto and LC). Unique works very well, also look at Clays powder and International Clays. Both have 45 LC and 45 auto loads and are great clean burning powders for shotgun loads as well.

APEXDUCK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.