Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range the other day and somebody had been shooting an FN Five-seveN. There were a few of the 5.7X28 casings laying around. I started to wonder when and if anybody would start offering a rifle chambered for it. I figure it might be a nifty varmint/predator rifle. They even have a subsonic round for it that would probably be beneficial in more densely populated areas that are typically the domain of the .17s and the .22 Hornet. From what the gunsmiths said, it's a pretty accurate cartridge out of the pistol. I'd be willing to bet it would catch on like wildfire if using it in a rifle turned out to give great performance. Any other opinions? Anybody know of plans to release such a thing?

·
Registered
100 Posts
In theory It'd be actauly a pretty good idea. But any new caliber has the inherent competion of the "old" calibers. Some make it others don't. At one the '06 was a "new" cartridge. The .17HMR has quite frankly surprised me with it's staying power. If shells would come down slightly I myslef would own one. I might anyway. As for the 5.7 it's self I realy don't now that much about the ballistics of it. Some one have the stats they could forward to me?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.