77/22

Discussion in 'Sturm, Ruger & Company' started by Anonymous, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just picked up a 77/22VMBZ. Paid 400 new in box. Was this a good price or not. Also had the option of getting a regular one in 17HMR for the same price. Did I get the right one? Also does anyone make a kit to inprove the trigger pull. I got one from Mitchel on the web. Fairly easy to install with great results.

2. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Don't buy another rifle,buy another barrel. My brotherinlaw bought on off the web for his and loved it.

3. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

I prefer the 22 version to the 17...If these have the MKII trigger like the HP rifles, Timney has a good replacement trigger. It needs fitting done with extreme care, however.

I put Timneys in my 416 Rigby and my 338 SS MKIIs and now love the rifles. Cost...about $80.00 each and 1/2 hour of filing/fitting. It isn't rocket science...

4. ras1500

ras1500 Guest

I put a Volquartsen sear and spring in my 77/22. There was an immediate improvement in pull weight. But after several thousand rounds it smoothed up even more. I'm guessing it's now around 1 pound of pull. I put an overtravel screw through the trigger guard which made it even better.