Shooting World Forums banner

Any one huniting any upland or small game.??????????

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Captn66 
#1 ·
Sept. is almost over :!: :!: :!: :oops: :) :( :D :mrgreen: Has any one been doing any hunting :?: :?: So far we have been out for coyotes, deer, bear, 3 kinds of grouse, doves, and will get some ducking in before the mth. ends. This site seem slow..... What are you all up tooo these days :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

#2 ·
Between the kid's school stuff and all kinds of extra time in at work, I haven't been out.

I really feel like I should though.
I just inherited a Rem 11-87 12g and a Stevens side by side 20.

I do plan to get out archery hunting a week from Saturday though.

#5 ·
I've been dove hunting a few times, and limited out 3 times. With the rain and the cool fronts we gotten down here, the doves have moved south. Will have to wait until more come down from Oklahoma!

I've been working on a good hunting load for my 14" 7-30 Waters, Contender. My mild fireforming loads with W748 were very accurate, but when loaded up for speed, 3" - 4" groups were the best I could get. After 4 more powders and 3 different bullets, I finally have a load that runs about 3/4". Now I'm happy.

#6 ·
:mrgreen: Was out this am for ducks. Killed my first limit of mallards and teal with my Browning BPS 10 ga. :twisted: Never owned a 10 before, but this thing is murder on ducks. I am not sure what the reason is, no real long shots, but typical duck stuff. The came down dead with a load of WW 1's. Little ones/ big ones were just hammered. It is a bit heavy, but for performance like this, I can put up with it. My dog had a wonderful time. She made a couple nice retrieves..... :D :D

#7 ·
We got some teal and woodies last Friday and Saturday. Constant steady rain made for tough conditions, but was still enjoyable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.