Anyone shooting the 12FV .308? or

Discussion in 'Savage' started by Stallard, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Stallard

Stallard Guest

Just wondering what kind of shooting success's or failures anyone might be having with the 12 FV.308.

I have tested 3 different reloads with 125gr Sierra spitzers with IMR 4320 powder, and all have been sub- 1 MOA.
    The Remington 168gr match green box were in the 1.75 inch range but that was during my barrel break-in and before the terrible factory crown was re-done.

Also wondering about ammo success's or failures with the 110 .30-06 ?

How about it?

2. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

I've loaded the 110 hp in 308 and hunted with them. I've killed a few deer with them but that was in my younger days.when I was looking for anything fast and light. I never considerd what might happen if I shot one in the shoulder. Ground hogs don't run far after being hit with one of these either.They kinda puff up some and fall over!

Accuracy was good.I believe I was using IMR3031 powder,but will have to check back in my notes for sure.

HWD

3. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

Stallard -
    No problem w/ my 12 FV in 223, what a great rifle and shooter :D with the heavier weight soft points though I have no desire to tote it around since it is a tad heavy. Regards your question on the 110 30-06. I've never shot the light bullets (125 grain) out of my 110 (my main hunting rifle) since the 150 grains works so well. But since I have the reloading dies, I have been interested in loading some up as an experiment, if you try it I'd be interested in hearing about it.

4. Stallard

Stallard Guest

Re: re: Anyone shooting the 12FV .308? or

Thanks for the response.
    I'll keep you posted. I do have a decent 110 .30-06 load with IMR4320. I'll pull out the data book in a day or so and let you know.

5. Stallard

Stallard Guest

Re: re: Anyone shooting the 12FV .308? or

I may try some Hornady 110gr SP with some Reloder7 I just picked up. Sierra has R7 as the accuracy powder for the 110gr bullet.

I don't have any 3031 or I'd give it a run.

6. branch63752

branch63752 Guest

Help

I know a guy that can help you with that, I will see if I can get him to post here.