Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any opinions on them? I've tried to get on at AR15.com but am unable to register for some reason and can't find anything paging through their threads as I don't seem to be able to find a way to search either. I have the opportunity to get an unfired Bushmaster at a firesale price but am totally clueless as to their strengths and weaknesses. It is the M-4 type variant which I already have in metal but I am always open to another gun.

·
Registered
143 Posts
they're actually supposed to be stronger then the aluminum reciever from what i hear, but i wasn't sure if i trusted a carbon fiber AR, so iwent with a regular m4.

but i may have a 97s in my future... those things look sharp.

·
Registered
133 Posts
uglydog said:
Anybody have any opinions on them? I've tried to get on at AR15.com but am unable to register for some reason and can't find anything paging through their threads as I don't seem to be able to find a way to search either. I have the opportunity to get an unfired Bushmaster at a firesale price but am totally clueless as to their strengths and weaknesses. It is the M-4 type variant which I already have in metal but I am always open to another gun.
did you try to register with an email address from yahoo, hotmail, or similar?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dirigo,
I originally tried with a Hotmail address then with my work one. Neither of them took and following AR15.com administration's directions did not work either. I'm sure there must be something in my computer preventing me from registering but as turning on the laptop taxes my computer knowledge I feel I'm relegated to just lurking on that site.
All this is moot though, it sold shortly after posting this thread.
Thanks to all.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last time I signed up for internet service was back when I had AOL as my dial up service. I now piggyback onto my wife's wireless she uses for work. My work e-mail account is through a local governmental agency and has always worked when Hotmail didn't. It too is a wireless set up and the only similarity is I use my personal laptop at work too. Anything that crosses the screen of one of the office computers is recorded by IT and passwords are printed out in the clear for any one who enters the room to see. I don't like that hence the use of my own computer to the consternation of IT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.