AR 15

Discussion in 'Rifle ID & Value' started by 270 shooter, Apr 4, 2005.

1. 270 shooter

270 shooter Guest

Does anyone know what and original in the box, never fired AR-15 would be worth. It has a convertable top, 20" bull barrel, and 2 extra mags. I'm interested in buying this one. The owner bought it just before the band years ago. :?

2. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:) If really clean, it's worth several hundred... or more. But the ban expired, so don't let that "pre-ban" sales pitch have too much grab on your wallet. JMHO///olde 8) pharte///

3. 270 shooter

270 shooter Guest

Thanks. I know the ban has been lifted, and that there are several other options for me to look at. The owner of this rifle payed $1100 for it at the time he bought it,( which was either right before, or during the ban), and is now trying to recover most if not all of his investment. I don't believe a Colt should command this much, at least not at the present time, especially since there are a host of other good AR knock-offs out there like a Bushmaster. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

4. plowboy1989

plowboy1989 Guest

Actually "preban" still does mean something to a few states that kept the ban in place. If it is a "Colt" it isn't completely out of the ball park if it is indead a true "preban".