Shooting World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering,I have finished taking pictures of all guns and am in the process of writing on the back of the pictures what it is and serial numbers and identifying marks and will bring it to the insurance company for their records.Drop-Shot

· Registered
918 Posts
Use a digital camera, or scan the prints, and you can add the serial no, the condition, and any extras (scopes, grips, stock) to the photo with photoshop, paint, photodraw, etc.

Then burn 'em onto a CD and keep it off-site somewhere, or burn a couple copies and leave one with your insurance man. And, for the record, you'll probably need a rider on your policy to cover even a couple guns.

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Hey Drop, Yes I do have it for my guns.I have gun tracker so I keep a file on them and I also get a print out for safe keeping . When I add or subtract a gun I just make a new print.

· Premium Member
1,876 Posts
NOTE: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

I'm a property claims adjuster and know from where I speak. Your homeowners policy will probably limit the amount of coverage for firearms to around $1,000.00 to $3,000.00. Remember, also, that you have a policy deductible if the guns are not on a schedule and subject to additional premiums.

wwb is right on with what he suggests. :D You need to read coverages in your policy and talk to a GOOD AGENT, one who knows $hit from Shinola. :wink:

· Registered
48 Posts
I took digi. pictures of all mine and keep it on disc at the bank in a SDB along with all numbers , plus a copy of the ins. paper work . i also keep a hard copy in the safe in the bedroom .

It costs extra but it is well worth it . :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.