Armalite

Discussion in 'Rifle Opinions' started by RWH24, Feb 24, 2005.

1. RWH24

RWH24 Guest

I aquired an M-15 w/20" chrome lined barrel & NM trigger.

Anybody have one? Opinions?

Shooting results?

Which Factory ammo shoots best, FMJ variety.

What about Wally Worls Winny 45gr HP value box?

Thanks
    Randy

2. uglydog

uglydog Super Member

Are you talking about an AR-15, the civilian version of the M-16? If so, I have the M-4 version and like it very much. I find the various 45 gr ammo to shoot fairly decent from my gun though I ordered mine with 1:12 twist in which 45-55 gr bullets are supposedly optimum. If yours has the popular 1:9 twist you should get decent accuracy with the 45 grainers as well as most bullets up to 70 grs. I bought mine with the slower twist to increase the odds of good accuracy with the same 45 and 52 gr bullets my other .223 likes. A good (actually overwhelming) reference book is "The AR-15 Complete Owner's Guide" by Walt Kulek and Scott Duff. It has more info than one can digest in several sittings but does have great how to's for cleaning and other care, better than my owner's manual. Kulek has a second book, "The AR-15 Complete Assembly Guide" but I haven't even taken that one out of the plastic. These are fun guns and I really enjoy using mine for coyotes and other varmints.

3. RWH24

RWH24 Guest

I shot it yesterday and it shot the 55gr Amer Eagle pretty good. I believe it is a 1 in 9 twist.

The only problem I had was after firing +/- 20 rounds the NM trigger became almost impossible to pull. At one point it was like a release trigger :oops:

Will call Armalite Monday.

4. RWH24

RWH24 Guest

I shipped the gun to Armalite and they replaced the trigger.
    Shoots great now. Fed 55gr Sie BTHP shoots real good. I will try the 45gr Wally World Win white box later.
    I will use it for close in called Coyotes, no scope.

Armalite M-15 is the equal to the AR-15, just Armalite model number.
    M-15 A2