Attention members from Washington state!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by clayshooter25/25, Feb 24, 2005.

1. A little off topic but still important to read!!!!

Rep. Ruth Kagi (D-32) finally filed her lead shot tax bill. The bill imposes a $0.24 PER OUNCE excise tax on lead shot, either loaded in shotshells or bagged for reloading. That's a $6 INCREASE in the price of a box of 25 shotshells at one ounce per shell, or $7.50 a box for 1 1/4 ounce loads. A 25 pound bag of lead shot will carry an additional $96 charge. Oh, don't forget the sales tax increase because of the increased price at retail. That $0.50 tax on a box of reloads at the trap range just went up to over a dollar.

The excise tax collected will be deposited into a new "wild swan recovery account." Sounds like it's going to be party time for swans!

And, the bill contains an "emergency clause." That means the tax takes effect the minute the governor signs the bill. No time to stock up on shot or shotshells.

The bill has been referred to the House Finance Committee.

The complete bill can be seen at: http://www.leg.wa.gov/pub/billinfo/2005 ... s/2211.htm

2. wudjalike2no

wudjalike2no Guest

couldnt they just buy it out-of-state? but it is a hassle and stupid bill

3. luvtohunt.com

luvtohunt.com Guest

yeah, it is a big hassle. Those of us who like to live by the law usually get screwed. I am watching this one like a hawk. Our governor is pretty big into TAXES and wonders why businesses are leaving.

Kelsey
    www.luvtohunt.com

4. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Kelsey at the moment I still live in Washington and I can't figure how a person is voted in by felons and dead folks,what happened to Rossi?This has all the ear marks of, bought and paid for.I soon will live in Montana,will I be able to buy guns from washington? You have a sweet CDL in 35 Whelen that would look good in my safe.Drop-Shot

5. luvtohunt.com

luvtohunt.com Guest

Hey Drop Shot-

If you live in Montana, you can still buy guns out of Washington. In fact, you can buy guns anywhere in the states. Montana has some very open gun laws. I love that state. The most restrictive states would be California and New York. There is a big surprise.

That CDL in 35 Whelen is a sweet gun. One of these days, when the business really gets up and going, I am going to have to start working on my personal collection again. That will be one of them.

Kelsey
    http://www.luvtohunt.com