Benelli R1

Discussion in 'Rifle Opinions' started by mike .308, Sep 15, 2005.

1. mike .308

mike .308 Well-Known Member

Does anyone here have or had a chance to shoot the Benelli R1's. Looking for some opinions on this gun. Good? Accurate? Easy to clean? And how much are the barrels?

2. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

I don't know of anyone who is very excited about this gun. There are so many other excellent choices to choose from and bolt guns rule that I and I see many others just are not too crazy about the gun

3. mike .308

Wow I always thought that was one of the better guns.

4. Maser

Maser Super Member

i think benellis r better known 4 their shotguns rather than their rifles

5. mike .308

Ya your right their Super Black Eagle's are one of the best auto's made.

6. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

:x :x :x

7. mike .308

luv2safari,

Why you so angry?

8. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

One of the guys I used to shoot with in Washington had the Benelli R1,it shot fine and looked good doing it,but make sure you really want that gun,its a little more accurate than my remington 742 30/06 but at a price ,the benelli cost about 2 1/2 times more than I paid for the remington.You will never get the accuracy of a quality bolt gun with the benelli,Dave was getting 2-2 1/2 inch groups with factory ammo at 100 yards,thats not bad but Kenny(another friend I shot with) shot 1 1/4 inch groups with a savage 110.They are good looking guns and are versatile,the price is abit out of my reach.I like a semi auto for woods hunting where shots are under 100 yards but for open range I'll take bolt guns,just my opinion and limited exposure to that gun.Drop-Shot

9. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

Re: re: Benelli R1

:D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

THERE :!: :twisted: ...IS THAT BETTER... :?: :?: :roll:

Just kidding... I don't much like semi-autos in general. I require a rifle to have an excellent trigger, feed every time, and be as accurate as I (Undisputedly, world's finest rifle shot) am able to shoot. :wink: :wink: :wink: ooopppsss... that just slipped out... :oops: :oops:

Well, you get the point. :?