Best case trimmer

Discussion in 'Handloads' started by gator, Feb 13, 2005.

1. gator

gator Guest

I'm in the market for a new case trimmer and was wondering what opinions others may have. I seem to think the Forester is well respected but I'm not real familiar with it. I currently use a Redding but want to explore others. Simply,precise,easy to use, and the ability to add a power supply would be some sought after features. Open to opinions and suggestions.

2. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

Gator,

I use the Lee trimmers and found them to be very precise and easy to use and inexpensive. They advertise that it is impossible to overtrim with that set-up and I have found that to be true. I do my trimming by hand but as my volume is going up I am thinking about mounting the set-up on a drill press and speeding things up a bit.

Safe loading.

3. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

Forster was the standard by which all others were measured for many years. I have used an RCBS for the last 20 years and don't much like it...I just can't get any sucker...urrrr...smart shopper to buy it from me. :roll: :? ... :wink:

4. gator

gator Guest

Guys,
    Thanks for the input. I just bought and started using the Wilson trimmer after talking to a couple sales techs on the phone. The Wilson isn't that expensive except for the case holders (5.75 each),which I had to buy 9 of them for the 15 rifle calibers I load for. I've only used it once so far but was very impressed. I was really surprised and pleased with the fact that all the cases came out the exact same lenght , which was almost impossible to do with the others. It's an old design thats been around about 60 yrs. thats almost idiot proof which make it the right one for me..

Thanks again--------Gator