Shooting World Forums banner

BEWARE OF NEW MEMBERS SELLING ITEMS!!

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  8pointduck 
#1 ·
BE CAREFUL OF NEW FORUM MEMBERS WHO JOIN JUST TO OFFER SOMETHING FOR SALE. :idea: :idea:

WHILE MANY MAY BE LEGITIMATE, MANY ARE ON FORUMS JUST TO SCAM.

NEVER BUY A GUN ON LINE OTHER THAN THROUGH A SENDING BRICK AND MORTAR ESTABLISHED GUN STORE THAT HAS A VERIFIABLE TELEPHONE NUMBER IN THE YELLOW PAGES. MAKE SURE THEY HAVE THE GUN IN THEIR POSSESSION AND GET DETAILED PHOTOS.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Yes :oops: My advice comes from experience. Remember that our forum is a talk and information forum for serious shooters, not for those who won't sell at auctions or sites like GunsAmerica...legitimate avenues for this sort of thing.

The legitimate selling sites have some recourse for deals gone bad and ways of prosecuting the absolute crooks.

Jay has been kind enough to let the regular members here and elswhere communicate and conduct occasional sales. Just be double careful about how the sale is conducted.

We are NOT here for opportunistic people to use simply as a sales site. For the most part, anyone with a legitimate sales offer would use a legitimate avenue with safeguards for all concerned.

The commercial aspect of this and Jay's other sites are for his benefit, only, IMHO!! It irks the h-e-l-l out of me to have someone join just to peddle something for no charge to the peddler. :twisted:

These are my own opinions, and Jay has the last say, as always.

L2S

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Re: re: BEWARE OF NEW MEMBERS SELLING ITEMS!!

Levergun said:
So does that mean I can tell you to buy one of my rifle slings and discplay a picture like this? :D :D :D

WOW!!! BEAUTIFUL WORK! :shock: :D

Now, I have to add one of those to my 2006 "need" list. :shock: :shock: :D :D

Discussion starter · #16 ·
LG,

The greater Kudu says "Africa". My kudu looks amazingly like the one on the sling, and...yes I do want one. Please PM me with price and details.

L2S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.