Shooting World Forums banner

Bobcats

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  uglydog 
#1 ·
:D This weekend we were talking about hunting with hounds. One of the guys said he came from Minn. and had spent time in Wis. Anyway, he said they did a bunch of hound hunting for bobcats, and that is was not difficult to get a cat with hounds in one of those states. Anyone do this. I think I read where Uglydog did some hound hunting, but as I remember it was for coyotes and fox. Sounds like fun. :twisted: :wink: :wink:

#2 ·
My buddies are equal opportunity houndsmen, they'll take coyotes, fox, bobcats, raccoons, etc. Bobcats are a common bonus, we often run into them in certain areas. The season is rather short, usually from the Saturday after Thanksgivng to the first Sunday in Janurary with a season limit of 5, this includes the trapping limit. Bobcats are more common than one would think as they are so dang secretive. I feel fortunate if I see a half dozen cats in a year including calling, hounding, and just driving around at night though last fall I would have been happy to be a little less fortunate when my bird dogs tangled with one. They are one of my favorite animals, partly due to their secretiveness. Calling them in is a real thrill as it is common for them to show up and then leave without one noticing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.