Shooting World Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
The best boots I have ever had over the years are the military Mickey Mouse boots. The white ones will keep you warm at -40 and the black ones at -30. I have gone thru four pairs in my life time so far. You can find them in the Sportsman's Guide - just go on the internet and locate them thru Google.

In Colorado, you better have really warm boots or your hunting, fishing or camping trip can really be miserable.

Mert Leeper

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Mert good to hear from ya,I'm looking into those boots,I've been in the San Juans camped on Mt Jhahadera,man everything froze,27 below 0 at the base,we wern't 1/2 way up.My friend had insulated boots but not enough,sleeping bag but not enough,cotton socks,we went to town and he loaded up his visa card on the right stuff.The store owner says every year someone dies in the San Juans due to having cotton clothing,cotton absorbs sweat and makes you cold enough to let hypotherma set in,he wears wool blends now,Cotton cools and wool warms,thats my motto now.Those boots may be what he is lacking,I will let him know.Are they good for walking long hikes?Or are they good setting boots?Drop-Shot

·
Registered
79 Posts
Drop Shot:
These boots (I like the wide sizes) will allow you to sit for hours at 10,000 ft in the snow awaiting that mystical six point bull elk and you will not get cold. The White ones are the best but pricey. The Black ones are super excellent. In the early years the White Mickey's were over $155. and the Black were somewhere around $125. I bought them used at a local large surplus store for $99. The reference I gave to view them on the internet is a great place to find them for less than $35.00 NEW! I just bought another set last year.
Also, just had a PET scan and the doc's could find no cancer anywhere. What good new this is!!! Now I can get active on this forum again and not let the phycho of Cancer get to me. The Chemo, Radiation, and major operation were a success. It is good to be on-line again.
And your statement, "everyday above ground is a good day" is really taken to heart by me.

Mert Leeper

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm so glad things worked out well for you,we all missed you and look forward to your being back. I'm happy for you and encouraged to keep a good outlook on life as things can change at any moment,we take too much for granted untill something BIG happens and I'm in the middle of changing that.A good friend lost his wife to that horrable sickness a few months ago and together with both your out looks I'm a better person.
Now I'll get back to boots,there is a company over here called Shnee's that makes boots that fit each foot the same,they are pack boots with leather uppers,-100 degrees is what they say,when it gets to -40 degrees I'm home,I have been out in -20 stuff rescueing a friend that went into the ditch.Normally the temps stay better than that when hunting, but good boots that fit well are necessary for the bad days.
I'll check out the Mickeys,Thanks again Mert.Drop-Shot

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.