Shooting World Forums banner

Brief story on lastest hounding trip

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Wyo. Coyote Hunter 
#1 ·
Went on the annual predator hunt starting last Friday and we came home early. Hunting was pretty tough as there is no snow to be found. Hunting Friday night (calling), Saturday day (hounds), Saturday night (calling) and then Sunday morning (hounds) brought to bag one bobcat and one coyote with the dogs. That is normally what we hope for in a half day, not over two days. Calling was even worse, one fox was all that was brought to bag. There was just not much interest as with no snow the mice are still easy prey. Well, after last years great success we were due for a bad year to keep things average. Its what gets you out again.

#2 ·
:lol: Uglydog, I remember last years hunt when you wrote about it. That was sometime. I guess we all have slow years. My coyote hunting has been down due to problems,and now the snow has blocked many of the roads. I may go to Nev. or Az. for a change of climate. Lots of coyotes there. Hunting with dogs for these things in timber is loads of fun. When I was a kid we hunted both ***** and fox with dogs. Nothing like hound music. If a guy doesn't get any game, the dogs are worth it. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.