cant find a sniper stock

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by high power fiend, Apr 23, 2005.

1. high power fiend

high power fiend Guest

cant find a descent affordable sniper stock for my win. model 70 any suggestions?

2. wwb

wwb Super Member

First place to try is Boyd's.....

http://www.boydboys.com/default.htm

Then try Hogue......

http://www.getgrip.com/

There are others as well, but these are the lower-priced options. I'm not sure what you mean by "affordable", but bear in mind that you get what you pay for.

I'm also not sure what you mean by a "sniper stock" - a target stock, maybe? Consider the fact that if you put this type of stock on a rifle, it pretty much kills it as a hunting rifle. They aren't designed for carrying - they're designed for shooting from a bench.

3. high power fiend

high power fiend Guest

thanks, i guess i should have explained a little better. I said sniper stock because thats all i have ever known that style of stock to be called. And as for this particular rifle being used for hunting! Highly unlikely, because rifle hunting is illeagle in the state where i reside. So target shooting from a bench is basicaly all i do with this gun.

I just think a stock like that would improve the looks and comfort of the gun over the orig. standard black plastic stock. Wich by the way is not comfortable at all.

And thanks for the links i will check those out.
    I am still open for advice though!

4. B540Glenn

B540Glenn Active Member

Also check out McMillan. They have stocks for tactical, hunting, competition, etc...

5. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:?: Did you get a stock yet? If not, see CHOATE stocks. Turned a .300 Win Mag from a tiger to a pussycat, as far as felt recoil goes. (Not real pretty, though.)///olde 8) pharte///

6. mike .308

mike .308 Well-Known Member

Try the gun shows.