CDL or Medallion

Discussion in 'Rifle Opinions' started by liv2hunt, Jan 3, 2005.

1. liv2hunt

liv2hunt Guest

Looking for those who have/do own both guns and opinions on which they prefer better. Please, just comments on these particular guns. I have heard both good and bad about the new CDL. Just want to know about quality of the rifles in comparison. I have a Medallion now, but the gun shops around here dont have any CDLs for me to compare the two. Thanks in advance.

2. markIVbigblock

markIVbigblock Super Member

I have a CDL in .270 I havent shot it yet I was going to over break but I was in such a hurry to leave campus and get home i forgot to stop and get it from the campus police station its a beautiful gun great fit and finish and as w/ all 700 actions the lockup is superb Im very happy w/ it Ill get it and come home to shoot it soon and ill let everyone know how it went. I handled browning medallions and they were pretty nice i guess i just expected more from what everyone told me about them but I wish i had the money to go back and buy the 300 win mag white gold medallion i looked at :x it was beautiful, the fit and finish are both on par I just liked the remmy action better it locked up nicer and was smoother they are both very comparable in the end though the 700 won out its tried and true and the best action on the market IMO and it also helped that my CDL had beautiful wood :wink: IMO 700CDL but you wont go wrong with the medallion

Aaron

3. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

Liv2hunt,

My wife has one of the Browning Medallions in 243WSSM. The wood and blueing on this gun is fantastic. Shooting wise it's about average. One of my"kids" has one in the hunter series.It's a 243 win and has a fine piece of wood and the barrel and action has a matte finish. It shoots great! of course this was with my pet load for 243win.I can't get used to the bolts on either of these rifles. They just feel funny to me but that might be because I'm used to Mauser type actions and Remingtons. I do not like the box magazines on these guns! They are hard to remove(it might be because they're new) and hard to load. If you try to load one shell by just dropping it into the action,IT AIN"T GONNA WORK!! You have to push it into the mag.If you try without doing this,the shell will get jammed into the back barrel where it's screwed into the action.

Before any one gets started on me,Yes I realize these are piddly little things but he asked for the opinions.
    Would I buy one ? Yes! They're very well made and offered in a number of calibers and variations.

HWD

4. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

First of all, before I make any comment, what bad about the CDL.. :? :x . You better come up with some facts because I don't believe there is anything wrong with that gun.............

5. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Me either 8point,if someone has something bad to say about the CDL I would like to hear it.Because of the wonderfull world of lay a way I could gotten any rifle I wanted,but the CDL just fit right.The A-bolt is a nice gun also.The only shooters of the Medallion are right hear on this site that I know of.Drop-Shot

6. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Liv2hunt what bad have you heard about the CDL?Drop-Shot