Cleaning?

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by hunter, Nov 9, 2005.

1. hunter

hunter Guest

I have just bought a Stoney Point Bore Guide for my rifle only to find out that my cleaning rods from are not long enough. I really dont have a good cleaning kit. In the past two years I've bought 3 cheap kits from places like walmart and just mix and match the differnt parts that I like out of each kit.

I'm thinking about getting a one peice cleaning rod not only because I know I can get one that is long enough but also because I hear they are better on rifles. Is this true or would I be better off buying a new kit and saving some money?

Also whats the best rod I can get for around $20 -$30 and what is the best kind, brass, SS, ect . . .

2. 1gsplover

1gsplover Super Member

:idea: MIDWAYUSA.com has good one-piece rods (use Dewey at my house) for reasonable prices. Don't forget to order a jag of the proper caliber. Hope this helps.
    ///olde 8) pharte/// :)

3. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

I second the advice to get a coated rod like the Dewey or Tipton sells a carbon fiber rod for less than 30.00 and they don't break,I lapp barrels with mine and it works fine.My old Dewey is still in good shape and see's alot of use.Drop-Shot

4. Maser

Maser Super Member

i hate all those 1 or multiple piece rods that are rigid n bend n scratch everything up so what i use may seem a little getto style to u all but it works :wink: i use an old length of wire (3 feet) which still has the insulation around it and i use that to pull the patch through 8) works great and coils up nicely in my case where i keep my cleaning stuff

5. 583

583 Guest

Tippman carbon fiber rod dont break warp or scratch your barrel or leave streaks like the steel ones well wworth the money alluminum will leave streaks in your barrel that is about as good as having lead in your barrel, should cost you about 30 bucks

6. Dirigo

Dirigo Guest

Re: re: Cleaning?

that's Tipton

7. 583

583 Guest

Your right it is Tipton my bad Tippman makes arisoft supplies my bad

8. Maser

Maser Super Member

tippman makes some damn fine paintball guns too :wink: