Cook's REALLY stupid idea

Discussion in 'Big Game' started by The_Cook, Oct 5, 2005.

1. The_Cook

The_Cook Guest

Okay eventually I want to get really good at hunting, I'm talking beyond ted nugget good :D I'm starting off with the rifle cause it's easy, then I want to graduate to revolvers, then archery, then throwing stars. The point at which I can say I am the best hunter in the world is to do this.

Put out a salt lick by a well traveled trail.
    Let the deer get used to using it.
    Then one day sneak in, dig a trench 6ft x 4ft x 2ft deep. Then lay in it with a big knife and cover myself up with dirt and leaves. Then just wait for a deer to use the salt lick, and pop out and slash it's throat. All I have to do is pray to god a bear doesn't like to use my lick.

2. grimel

grimel Guest

Use a spear and don't bother with the ditch or salt lick. Then you can say you are a good hunter. Still not the greatest (Chuch Adams would be very hard to beat).

What you suggested is just a matter time stunt.

3. wwb

wwb Super Member

I can't speak for other states, but in both Minnesota and Wisconsin, this is termed "baiting" and will get you busted if you're caught.

4. uglydog

uglydog Super Member

If it is only a salt or mineral block it would be legal to hunt over in Minnesota. Add any food stuff such as apple, molassas, etc. and it then becomes illegal. Anyways, a real hunter would not use a knife but an atlatl to hunt with as it is actually a hunting implement and not something to idly stick toads with.

5. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

UH,Cook

Remember the comment of coming out of the dream and being back in reality? WAKE UP,MAN!!
    This is also considered baiting in my state. If ya wanna try something with a knife,why not contact one of them nuts down in Florida that like to run in and stick a wild hog? I've even heard of some of them that thinks its ahoot to use a short lance. The idea is to get the hog to come after ya.Plant the lance firmly and let him GIG himself.

Sounds kinda dumb to me. My parents didn't raise but one crazy child and HE ain't stupid!

HWD

6. The_Cook

The_Cook Guest

okay.... the title of this post is "Cook's REALLY stupid idea" this might mean to some that this post is more for entertainment than something to be seriously taken. For those that chuckled at this my job was done. For those that have replied agast at my suggestion I say this, "smiling only hurts when you don't do it often"

7. john humphries

john humphries Guest

For what its worth, I understand that a guide service in Alaska is now offering hunts that is done with a broken pocket knife. It seems that they take you into bear country and give you a broken pocket knife to hunt with. This is real sport, you either get the bear or it gets you. Either way you or the bear has a good story to tell.

8. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

Re: re: Cook's REALLY stupid idea

COOK...You got'em all, man! :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: