Encore coming!!

Discussion in 'Rifle Opinions' started by huntswithdogs, Dec 31, 2004.

1. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

I ordered my Encore last nite. It should be here sometime next week(I hope). I ordered it with the 26" heavy barrel in 25-06(blued) and synthetic stock. A buddy of mine has a 26" 300 win mag barrel that he got hung with last year.He's giving me one heck of a deal on it. My birthday is coming up soon,maybe I'll ask for a short barrel and have a varmit pistol also. Something in 223 or 22-250 oughta be just right.

I'll let ya'll know as soon as it's here and shooting.

HWD

2. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

HWD keep us posted as to how it shoots. I really want one some day and the setup you have would be great.Drop-Shot

3. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

4. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

Hey 8point,how accurate is yours?Drop-Shot

5. grimel

grimel Guest

Cancell your order. Reorder the pistol first. Get the 25-06 barrel for your birthday.

You can make a pistol into a rifle, you can't make a rifle into a pistol, legally. T/C has went round and round with the ATF over this and that's the final word.

6. 8pointduck

8pointduck Super Member

1'' groups at a 100 yds right now but thats because I've just shot it with one loading. I will be in the old laberatory building somemore loads to see if I can sqeeze it down to touching holes

7. Drop-Shot

Drop-Shot Super Member

8point I have heard many times the TC is right on all the time,but never owned one but that can change one day.Having a friend that owns one is almost as good as owning one myself.Have fun.Drop-Shot

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grimel,

I was thinking( oh,this could be dangerous,me THINKING!) that was the beauty and purpose of these guns. Only the receiver is serial numbered. You would think,with multiple barrel options, that there would be no problems here.

HWD

9. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

OOOPS!!!! Forgot to sign back in after deleteing all my cookies on Thursday.

HWD

10. grimel

grimel Guest

The first problem is you are trying to be logical; this is a BATF thing.

Here is the scanned copy of the "explaination".

Stupidity

11. huntswithdogs

huntswithdogs Moderator

That's about the double talkingest bull sh*t that I,ve ever read or heard. You'd think that this would never be an issue,but when dealing with the ATF,well..... I reckon I'll just take my chances like everybody else.

HWD

12. grimel

grimel Guest

If you buy it as a pistol first anything goes. Buy a 16/17" barrel and add a rifle stock later ($80 tops).

Double talk? It's very plain. It's very STUPID and designed to screw over decent people with headline grabbing BS charges.

13. grimel

grimel Guest

There are no limits on pistol barrel lenghts, a rifle can't have a barrel <16" unless one has a $200 NFA tax.