FFL and C&R

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Maser, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Maser

Maser Super Member

ok i was talkin to a friend of mine who wants to get an FFL and he was sayin that most likely he would settle for a C&R liscense cuz it would be easier to get and also hes interested in just buying guns for himself and not to be a dealer so i was wondering how do u go about gettin a real FFL if u dont plan on selling guns after u buy em?

2. Papadoodles

Papadoodles Super Member

Your resume' just keeps getting better.

3. luv2safari

luv2safari Moderator

You need to be an actual business with a business location and comply with all local laws and ordinances, have your sales tax bonds, business licenses, etc. Once you have the FFL, the BATF can enter and inspect your records and inventory at any time. Do you still want an FFL? I gave up mine a long time ago...wasn't worth the hassle and record keeping for private collecting purposes.

A C&R license also opens the door to your home to BATF to inspect your guns and records... :idea: :?

4. Maser

Maser Super Member

wow now that would suck to have nosey feds snooping around my house and i bet that in my uncles case its a 100x worse cuz hes a class 3 dealer :shock:

5. Re: re: FFL and C&R

I was thinking the same thing...

6. Dirigo

Dirigo Guest

Re: re: FFL and C&R

+1 lol

7. Maser

Maser Super Member

Re: re: FFL and C&R

yet another senseless post :roll:

8. Re: re: FFL and C&R

Bck at ya,except in your case it's an entire thread that's senseless.

9. Maser

Maser Super Member

asking a simple question is senseless? wow im looking better n better everyday at this site :lol:

10. Re: re: FFL and C&R

It is when your motivation is suspect.

11. Maser

Maser Super Member

asking a question is suspect?

12. Re: re: FFL and C&R

In your case it is.