First Rifle

Discussion in 'Rifle Talk' started by dh4stretch3, Oct 22, 2005.

1. dh4stretch3

dh4stretch3 Guest

Well guys it finally happened. I bought my first hunting rifle! I went to turners yesterday and got the paperwork done and the money handed over. I was pleasantly surprised with the fact that it was 50 bucks cheaper then i thought it was going to be. Another customer had the same package i bought and i got to take a look at it. the hard case, the all black rifle plus the black scope looked...well just plain sexy i must say. I get to pick it up on October 30th. I cant wait to go shooting with it, I'll post back with those results. These 10, well now 9 days are gonna go by soooo slow.

By the way, I got the Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic in 30.06 with a Bushnell 3-9x40mm scope for anyone who was wondering.

2. mountainview

mountainview Super Member

Alas dh, you've started down a slippery slope indeed. It won;t be long before you start thinking "hmmm.. a new rifle in such and such caliber is what I also need" and back to the gun store you'll likely go.

You've got a nice scope and gun, the Weatherby's have also been singing to me and it is likely that one is somehow going to follow me home one of these days. I sympathize in that it is indeed excruciating to have a new rig and not be able to go out and test it.

3. Levergun

Levergun Super Member

Congrats and enjoy! :D

4. Mike 257

Mike 257 Guest

congrats, but be carefull, Weatherby's can be addicting. It took me 20 years to get my first Mark V Deluxe. I got it last year and since last year I have bought 3 more.